6

Once I was untied and had my strength back, Murphy helped me to my feet, and the both of us were absolutely infuriated. A massive crowd had formed around Bellamy’s tent where Charlotte was hiding, and it seemed that everybody was picking the side against Murphy and me.

            Both of us were covered in dirt and blood, but it couldn’t stop the rage from boiling out of our bodies. Charlotte nearly had two innocent people hanged for killing Wells, and she was going to pay one way or another; I had a feeling that it was going to result in death.

            One major thing you should never do is piss off not one but two psychopaths, because you just created the most violent storm to date.

We were growing impatient with Bellamy hiding Charlotte, so Murphy angrily yelled, “Bring out the girl, Bellamy!” Everyone in the camp could feel the tension coming off of the situation, so absolutely nobody was going to attempt in trying to stop us.

            A minute passed by and Charlotte still had not emerged from the tent, so I hastily stood up from the log I was sitting on and charged at the tent as I yelled enraged, “Bring the girl out now or I come in!”

            I would have stormed into the tent then and there, but Murphy grabbed my shoulder and pulled me back. “You want to build a society, princess?” Murphy shouted, “Then bring her out!”

            Suddenly, Bellamy emerged from his white tent without Charlotte, so I stormed up to him with an evil smirk on my face. I spat at him, “Oh well, well, look who decided to join us,” with a raised eyebrow I said snidely, “Without Charlotte.”

            Annoyed, Bellamy replied, “Dull it down and back off.”

            Murphy was now at my side, and he intimidatingly became closer and closer to Bellamy’s face as he asked fearlessly, “Or what? What are you going to do, Bellamy, hang her?”

            “I was just giving the people what they wanted,” Bellamy said defensively, and with that tone of voice I knew exactly where this was going.

            Quickly, I whipped out the knife that I had made, and held the blade against Bellamy’s throat; surprisingly he stayed calm, and didn’t even move a muscle. “You let us almost die without having a trial, because that little bitch in there was too much of a baby to come clean. You let your people tie us up like pigs for slaughter, and you kicked the crate from under one of your supervisors. The people wanted murder and you sure as hell gave it to them, but now they want justice. I know two murderers that deserve to be punished, and I’m looking at one right now,” I hissed at the stoic Bellamy.

            A hand pulled on my shoulder, and in a voice that didn’t match the way he was feeling Murphy calmly said, “Eve, let’s give the people what they want. It’s such a great idea, and I don’t know why I didn’t think of it before. Why don’t we do that right now?”

            Murphy walked away from Bellamy, but I was confused to as where he was going. I glared at Bellamy, and pulled my knife away from his throat. Then, I followed Murphy.

            I was just about to ask him what the hell he was doing when Murphy bent down discretely next to our pile of fire wood, and he scooped up a log—I liked where this was going. Then, Murphy crept up towards Bellamy, and as he was addressing the large circle that had formed around us Murphy swung the log right onto the back of his head. The log snapped in half from the blow, and Bellamy fell to the ground with a great thud.

            The crowd began to panic, and the adrenaline began to take its course throughout my body. There was just so much rage filling my body that I had to let it out somehow, and I knew the perfect way to.