Chapter 39

Sophie awoke, Fitz wasn't in the bed. She started twisting and turning and rolling until her back felt a little less sore. She couldn't help moaning in pleasure when she hit the sweet spot on her back. She stayed like this a little longer, then swung herself off the bed, in one simple quick movement. 

  "Sophie! That is way to dangerous!" Fitz's deep accented voice called from in shadows. Sophie got startled so much, that she fell back on her bed and almost did a backwards somersault before swinging herself back up again, almost falling forwards while doing it. "Fitz! What the heck?" She yelled, and Fitz looked seriously shocked. "Did you just yell? Don't forget that you have a living soul inside you!" He said, and Sophie waited for him to grin because he as joking. He didn't so much as flinch. "Are you serious, Fitz? I am a living soul and I am protecting this baby." She looked at him, trying to seem like she was tired and beaten up so he would at least feel somewhat sympathetic for her. His eyes softened. It worked. "Oh, honey I'm sorry. I will bring you breakfast. Just rest." Before Sophie could object about being treated like a baby herself, he was already out the door and down the hall. Sophie sat down on her bed, her eyes wandering the room carelessly. She spotted a book on Fitz's night stand. A book. Sophie had never seen him read, let alone touch a book. Something was up. She heaved herself up again, almost falling back in the process. She was finally standing, breathing heavy from all the swinging back and forth. She walked over to the opposite side of the bed, and picked up the giant book. She read the cover, almost fainting. She read it over again, hoping that she was just imagining it. Her mind raced, and her hands got clammy. She read it out loud this time. How to control your pregnant wife.