Chapter 15

"Keefe....." Biana said. "She said she's not ready!" Sophie was about to agree with Biana, but she caught Dex staring at her, with some sort of longing in his eyes. Sophie then looked at Fitz, who had the same look on his face. Then Sophie looked at Keefe. He was staring at her, Not with the longing in his eyes, but some sort of daring, urging her to make her decision. Sophie sighed. "No, Biana, actually.... um.. I am ready." Biana turned to Sophie like a zombie, jaw dropped, and arms hanging carelessly and limply by her side. "Are you sure?" She asked, "Because you really, don't have to do this." Sophie thought again. If she did this, she would be breaking two of her best friend's hearts. But she had to do this. There was no other time. "I have decided, Biana, and I am strongly confident about who I pick. But, I don't want anyone to get mad." She looked at Fitz, and he nodded. So did Dex, and... eventually Keefe. "So, this was not an easy decision, but.... I chose...... Um....." Everyone was leaning in now, eager for her answer including Zombie Biana. "I chose Fitz" Sophie blurted, now hiding her face in her fluffy pillow now. When she looked back up, Dex was leaned down, looked like he was crying, and Keefe was not in his beanbag anymore, but standing, facing the window, away from her. His hands were curled up in fists. Sophie looked at Fitz who was beaming, as well as Biana. She was trying not to laugh. Sophie death glared them both. Then Biana stopped, scanning over Dex and Keefe, her face turning back to Zombie Biana. But Fitz kept on smiling. He walked over to Keefe, and placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, you'll find someone." Keefe's hands curled into tighter fists, and Biana started whispering, "Fitz! Fitz! Come Back!!" But Fitz stayed. "It's okay." Fitz said. That's when Keefe blew up. He whipped around. "IT'S OKAY??!!!!!!!! THAT'S WHAT YOU WOULD SAY, ISN'T IT? EVERYTHING'S PERFECT FOR YOU!! YOU DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT ANYTHING, ANYTHING!" Fitz recoiled a step, but it was too late. Keefe curled his hand back into a fist, took a step forwards, and punched Fitz square in the jaw. Fitz fell. That's when Sophie ran to him. Right before Sophie reached Keefe, he held a hand infront of her face. "NO SOPHIE, I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR LIES EITHER." Tears sprung to Sophie's face, and she looked at Keefe. "Listen, Keefe. I know you're upset, but...." Keefe's hand curled into a fist again, and Sophie took a step back. Biana sprung in between Keefe and Sophie, yelling stop all the while. Sophie turned to Dex, who was watching the whole thing in amazement. Sophie leaned down to Fitz, who was holding his jaw, in pain. That's when Alden came in. Sophie tried to recreate the scene Alden might be walking right into. Keefe, his hands curled into fists, yelling at Biana, telling her to let him past, Biana holding her hands put between Keefe and Sophie and Fitz, Her eyes wide as owl's. Then, Fitz on the ground with a bloody nose, holding his jaw as if it was about to fall off, and Sophie overtop of him, poking at his jaw seeing how bad it was, and then Dex. Still sitting in his beanbag chair, staring in amazement at the whole scene. Alden stood there for a few seconds, while everyone else froze in their position. Then Alden spoke. "Perhaps one of you would be willing to tell me what in the name of Elvin is going on?"