Chapter 23

Fitz ended up laughing, a beautiful sound. He ran to her bedside once more and threw his arms around her. Sophie shed afew tears as well. Wait... Nope. Instead, a LOT of tears. They both ended up sobbing in eachothers arms, squeezing until the other backed off a little. Sophie ended up letting go after who knows how many hours of crying, and looked at Fitz'z face. His eyes were red and puffy, and she couldn't imagine hers being any different. She looked around the room, half expecting to see Elwin with his arms full of elixirs trying to get Sophie to drink them, but instead she looked around only to find the room totally empty. they must have left to give them some privacy. "So... Um.." Sophie tried to start a new subject  but her mind kept wandering to Brant's face, so happy he could tie her up and torcher her. Then she remembered Gethen, the exact same way. Then she remembered Alvar. She remembered seeing his face, and totally being amazed by how evil he looked. He looked like he had thrown all the good things in his life away, and all he had left were horrible memories. She told Fitz, and his face hardened and turned red, so much that Sophie was afraid to keep talking. Once that whole conversation was over, Fitz calmed down and his face had a new playfulness to it. He started to talk once more. "Um. So about the whole wedding thing..."  he started. Sophie flinched. She remembered the dark room, getting tied up, getting drugged, and taken away. Fitz watched her. "I know... I know. I don't know if I can go back to have a wedding there after the incident."He looked to the floor. "So I thought maybe we could have a smaller wedding under Calla's panakes tree. Just me, you, families..." He got cut off by Sophie. "Yes! Yes! Yes!" She said, smiling at Fitz when he giggled. Everything was perfect. Everything was back to ... "Wait" Sophie said. "I still have to know one thing." She said. "How did you guys find me?" Fitz's smile faded, probably remembering her drugged and unconscious. Then Fitz started. "I don't know if you knew, but Sandor sewed trackors into your clothes and he forgot until we almost had a funeral for you cuz it had been 2 weeks until he remembered and then everyone screamed at him and we arugued over who should come and save you until everyone just came." He blurted it all out at once and he was breathing like a dog by the end of it. Sophie smiled. "Well said" He smiled and straightened enthusiastically. After they talked, Fitz ended up hauling an empty cot over to hers, and they slept together. Everything was perfect.