Chapter 22

Sophie awoke in a dark room. It must have been nighttime. She looked around the room silently, only to see a shadow sitting in a chair across from her. Her mind raced. Gethen, Brant, Alvar, Oralie, Kenric.. Her mind was racing with the possibility of the person who had her captured here in this dark room. But then Sophie realized that she was laying down instead of sitting in a chair. Then she realized as well that she wasn't strapped to anything. Her bonds were gone, and she didn't even have a blindfold on. Then something triggered in her mind, and all she remembered then was a squeaky voice whispering: "You can do this, Sophie you can do this." She waited, in hopes that the squeaky voice she kept hearing would trigger something, but it didn't. She tried to remember who she was or what life she was living in. All she remembered was her little sister Amy, staring up at her. Then she remembered her Mom and Dad. Soy...Soybean? Was that her name? She remembered her Dad calling her Soybean.  So here is what she knew: Her name was Soybean, she had a little sister Amy, there was a squeaky voice in her head, and she was laying in a dark room. Where was she? All of a sudden, the lights flickered on. She looked around as a strangely looking man wandered around the room, murmuring "six weeks! Six weeks! Six weeks!" He opened a closet and pulled out three bright red vials. Then he moved towards Sophie. Sophie looked at him and stared. He had on crazy looking glasses, that were way to big for his head, and crazy matching pants and shirt that had little green feathered t-Rex's on it. Why green feathers? When the strange man saw that Sophie's eyes were open, he gasped and tears ammediately started pouring down his cheeks. Then he started yelling. "Six weeks! I did it! Six weeks!" He rushed over to Sophie in a flurry of arms and legs and hugged her so tight. "Who-who are you?" She managed to get out. He pulled away from her. "You don't remember? Uh oh. That might be very bad. Sophie, I need you to look straight into my eyes and hold very very still." He said. Sophie got confused. "Sophie? I'm not Sophie. I'm Soybean!" The man's face turned pale. "Alden said this might happen. It only makes sense after so many geech guts they gave you, mixed in with a whole lot of painful sedatives." Sophie didn't understand anything, and now all she wanted to do was go home to her mother and father. "Can I please go home now?" She asked as politely as she could, not getting the chance to even catch the strange man's view. His head snapped up. "You mean Grady and Edaline? You remember Grady and Edaline??" His hands shot to his hair, ruffling it up as he nervously stroked his fingers through it. "Grady and Edaleen? No I just want to go home. With Amy and.." The strange man inturrupted her. "Amy? I thin-" he got cut off by the sound of a door opening. A younger man strode into the room, and he only looked like he was 25. Sophie caught his glance, and he had the most beautiful teal eyes she had ever seen. The man was followed by a boy and a girl who both looked her age, with the same beautiful teal eyes as the man. The crazy man looked at the three of them, and said: "Sophie is awake but.." He got cut off by the boy running towards her. Sophie shrieked and tried to shove his arms away but he wrapped his arms around her. Her heart did a weird fluttery thing. "Ohhhh" the boy let go. When his face reappeared, his eyes were welled up with tears and he was smiling so big. The older man looked at the crazy man. "We need to fix this." He said to him, and the crazy man nodded. The boy looked around. "I know just the thing!" He smiled and rushed out of the room, In a flurry of arms and legs. 

     A few minutes later, the door made a sound and the boy came rushing back in. "Sophie!" He practically yelled. "Will you marry me?" He knelt down and held a ring in his hands that tickled her head  ... Something clicked in the back of Sophie's mind, and everything. And she meant everything came back. She saw herself saying yes to the boy - no Fitz! She saw her being taken away from her human family. Suldreen. She saw Grady and Edaline tackling a giant green feathered dragon. She looked at Fitz. "I'm back"