Chapter 40

I walked towards the parking lot Jai parked in, waiting for me to come out so we can go wherever the hell he's taking me. I cannot explain my anger towards Jai but I can't express it with anger. The way I saw Ross a few minutes ago is enough for me to actually hate myself. He looked even more broken than the other times I broke his heart... I mean, I didn't mean to break his heart the other times but I was obviously obligated to break his heart this one time... This is one stupid fucked up reason. I wish I could just kill myself right in this moment, grab my own neck and twist it. But, I want to live these horrible 2 days so I can explain to Ross everything so at least he can be less mad at me and he could less hate me. In that case, if he still wants to see or hear me. I hope he does.

I kept on walking until I reached Jai's car and opened the door, sliding myself inside as I threw my sweater on my lap with force which hurt a lot since the stupid zipper had to land on my lap but I didn't whine or cried. I sucked in the pain because this was nothing compared to what I just did to Ross. I hope he's okay, I hope he's... I hope he's- I don't even know what I could hope for Ross. I just hope he finds a better life without me.

"How'd it go?" I heard the horrible voice of Jai echo through the car since it was all silence except the light music playing from his radio. I didn't want to answer his horrible question but just by thinking about it, the images of Ross crying and the look he gave me just made me break down right in Jai's car. I could not support it, the pain was too much, seeing Ross cry was too much for me.

"Woah, Anna. Are you okay?" I heard Jai's voice getting closer meaning he was getting closer to me. I didn't do anything but just stayed there sitting like a pathetic girl, crying into my arms because of a stupid favor a guy asked me to do, I mean, I needed to do that favor or else Jai would've done something worse than this favor. He didn't mention it, he didn't need to. I already know why he's capable of.

I suddenly felt 2 strong arms starting to wrap themselves around my body and I looked up from my arms and looked at Jai who was starting to pull me closer to him for a hug? Why is he doing this? Hugging me? This is his fucking fault for making me do this favor.

"No!" I yelled, trying to push him away but Jai tighten his grip around my body with his 2 arms, "Stop it, Jai! You're such a fucking asshole for making me do this shit! I hate you, I hate you so much!" With the strength I still had inside me, I started punching him in his chest with both of my hands but that didn't seem to stop him but I still tried my hardest, "You asshole! Fucking motherfucker, I hate you! You made me break his heart... I still loved him..." I stopped punching him and started crying again, "I still fucking loved him..."

"I know you did..." Jai whispered as he pulled me in a more comfortable hug, "The reason why I made you do this is so you and him could feel the pain you both made me feel. When he took you away from me, when you chose him over me." My breathing started to get lighter as he said those words 'you chose him over me.' Kinda like the words Ross said to me earlier today... Which made me cry even MORE.

"I'm really sorry," Jai softly spoke into my ear, "I hate seeing you cry and heartbroken... But, I need you to go through what I've went through because it's just unfair, you know?"

Unfair? He almost killed Ross and me, we both ended up in the hospital. I think he caused enough pain for Ross and me that we could understand Jai's position in this exact moment. I wasn't going to argue with Jai about his idea because I was crying and it would just be a stupid reason for him and me to be yelling at each other. But, what I still don't understand about Jai is how he turned from an attractive, adorable and nice guy to a horrible, mean guy so fast.

I sniffed as I turned my head to look out my window from the car and I could have a clear view at the Lynches house. More tears kept on slipping off my cheeks as I kept on thinking about Ross and how he's taking this. I mean, he reacted a little less angry than I thought he would but who knows how he's acting right now. Then, I saw his car pull up the drive way... His car... Either Rydel forgot something in the house or Ross called her.

I gasped and sat up quickly in my chair as Jai quickly unwrapped his arms from my body with a concerned face, "Anna, what's wrong?"

Really? What's wrong? ALL OF THIS IS WRONG!

"Just drive," I quickly said as I saw Rydel, Riker and Rocky come out of the car and saw them run towards the house, "Drive, Jai!" Jai immediately started the car and Jai drove away and I kept on looking out the window and saw the Lynches house shrinking with every second that Jai drove ahead until it disappeared from my view.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Short chapter, yeah, yeah.

Next chapter will be after the 2 days! Some drama will be created when Anna goes and tells Ross EVERYTHING!

And this book will be coming to an end.

35+ Votes

And

10+ comments for next chapter!

xoxo, Ariana