Chapter 34

Anna-

"Anna, how much I missed you," an oddly familiar voice called me out. Well, that's odd. The only person that has that tone of voice is... No. It can't be him...

He walked out from the forest and he looked the same. Exactly the same from the last time I saw him. I thought he was going to get beaten up or something in there which I would've been fine with because this guy, I do not like. I should've listen to Ross back then.

"Jai..." I whispered, as my eyes grew wider every time he took a step forward.

"Jai, don't take another step forward or I'll call the police." Riker took out his phone, dancing his thumb around the 'Call' button which he already had 911 ready.

"Okay," Jai shrugged and didn't took another step forward. Maybe he broke out? But, that would've been impossible because well... Nah, who am I kidding? He's strong.

"Anna, I just wanted to talk to you about-"

"No." I cut him off confidently although my voice cracked a little. I'm terrified of him since what he did the last time I saw him. He's capable of anything and I honestly don't want anything to happen to anyone here, "There's nothing to talk about between you and me. Now, if you can just leave before-"

"Stop!" Jai blurted out, making me shut up, "We won't be like those people who say that they don't have anything to talk about when in reality they do. And a lot. So stop being such a coward and talk with me."

That took me by total surprise. From the months that Jai and I have been together, he never and I mean never had talked to me like that. Honestly, I did have a bunch of things to ask him but not like this. All I wanted was him to go back to jail. Not necessarily but anywhere but here. Not close to me, Ross, Alex and all my closest friends.

"Jai, I have nothing to talk to you about. Please, just go." I looked at him as he shook his head in disappointment. Ross pulled me closer to him, tighten his grip on my waist but I didn't care. I knew he was scared and so was I.

"I'm sorry that I have to do this but," Riker was about to press the call button but Jai pulled out something from his pants and pointed it to Riker, making him and everybody freeze.

A gun? He has a fucking gun? What is wrong with him? Actually, what did I look in him? I mean, he is cute, no... He's smoking hot and I know it's wrong to think like that but I also fell "in love" with his personality which was adorable. Better than Ross' personality in that moment. But now Ross changed for the better and Jai changed for the worst. I mean, he has a gun, pointing it to Riker. Makayla's husband!

"No!" Makayla cried out, putting her hand over her mouth. Tears quickly falling off her cheeks and hitting the ground. She wanted to run to Riker, hug him, kiss him but she was afraid that Jai would've shot him or her.

"Jai! Stop!" I yelled at him, making his attention come towards me which in the beginning would've been nice but now, it's freaking me out.

"Now," Jai evilly smiled, smirking a little, "Are you still going to say we don't have anything to talk about?"

"Fine!" I got out of Ross' grip and I got more scared. I felt more safe in Ross' arms. When he's hugging me, he's touching me, repeating to me that everything will be alright. But from here, nothing will be alright because Jai is here. He's here and with a gun.

"We do have a lot to talk about," I confessed as I started to take a few steps forward, towards Jai, "And I have a bunch of questions for you that need to be answered."

My eyes weren't focusing on Jai. They were focusing on the gun that was still pointing at Riker and I needed to change that. I won't let anything happen to Riker. Especially since he has always been my best friend and because he's my best friends husband and I seriously don't want to see my best friend heartbroken because her husband died.

"Put down the gun and we can talk." I slowly suggested as I stopped in my tracks. In the middle between my friends and Jai.

"Fine," Jai smiled as he tucked his gun inside his pants again, "As long as I get to talk to you and oh, privately. Not here."

Ah, what?! Shit. Well, how would I know that he's not going to kidnap me? Or make me do it with him since we didn't the other day? Clearly, if I knew this was part of the deal, I wouldn't have accepted it but now if I say no, I'm for sure he's going to do something to my friends. And brother. And boyfriend. AKA Ross...

I pushed away all the consequences that this might have, "Okay. But not too far away. After our talk, you leave us alone. Completely alone. Don't talk to me or to anyone that I know."

Jai smiled and walked up to me, grabbing my arm and pulling me close to him, "Whatever. As long as I talk to my babe."

I closed my eyes as his lips made contact with my cheek. Ugh. His kisses are amazing but disgusting right now. Ross' kisses are the best, just saying.

"Don't fucking touch her!" Ross yelled, he started running towards us but Alex and Riker stopped him and tried to calm him down but his face was red. He's angry.

"Jai..." Alex repeated, still trying to calm Ross down, "Hey, aren't you the guy that said you wouldn't do anything to my sister and that I could trust you? You know, in the meeting of Makaylas' wedding?"

"Yeah but people change, Alex." Jai smirked and pulled me closer to him. Oh how I really want to kick him where the sun don't shine and run away with Ross. If only that was a choice.

"Oh, yes they do." Alex glared at him and tighten his fists. Now Riker and Ross were the ones who tried to stop him from creating more damage. I know Alex and I know that he will kill Jai right now. Which I would be fine with.

Jai chuckled and I don't really see what funny it is to this situation, "Now, Anna, let's go to some private place and talk."

He turned his attention towards the crowd, "And don't worry guys, I'll bring her back, if things work out."

What? What does he mean by 'if things work out'? What if it doesn't? Kill me? Kill Ross? Alex? Makayla? Life is complicated. My life is complicated. Only if Jai could rot in hell. Then, my life wouldn't be as much complicated.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

i just wanted to say that @RossyBrcena commented on the last chapter and it was the best comment ever! It made me laugh so much, I just thought it was funny.

Vote and comment!

xoxo, Ariana