Chapter 17

Ross-

"Where's Anna?" I asked Makayla when Brooke went inside to the bathroom. Brooke is a nice girl and pretty much likes everything I like.

"Uh, I don't know. She should've been down here a while ago. I mean, it doesn't take a girl that long to change into a bikini. I'll go check." Makayla answered and I nodded. Anna's probably stuck in which bikini to wear or something. But I don't know. Makayla's gonna go check on her and I hope she's okay.

Makayla-

"Hey Brooke." I high fived Brooke as she came out the door and I was about to enter.

"Where you going?" Brooke asked as she turned around to face me.

"Bathroom." I plainly answered and she nodded and went back to the pool with Ross.

I went inside and dried off with my towel, I mean, I don't want my house to be all wet. Eww.

"Anna?" I called out and waited for an answer but nothing.

I looked around the living room and saw that her purse was gone and someone turned of the TV when Riker hadn't. It must've been Anna. She probably took her purse upstairs.

I decided to check on her upstairs where I last saw her. I walked up the stairs, into my room and slowly opened it.

"Anna?" I called out again but the room was completely empty.

I frowned. Where could Anna be?

I checked on every room in this house to see if Anna would be there but nothing. I went back in my room and sat on my bed. Thinking of a place where Anna would be.

As my eyes started to wonder off, looking around my room, I spotted a paper folded in half and that had Anna's signature on it on my desk. Well that's weird. I don't remember having a card from Anna till now.

I got up from my bed and walked up to my desk and grabbed it. I slowly opened it and I right away recognized Anna's handwriting. It was a note from Anna to me... And Ross.

Dear Makayla and Ross,

So I saw that you guys were having such a blast with Brooke so I decided, why do you guys need me? For nothing. So I decided not to bother you guys with me and you guys should have lots of fun with Brooke. Meanwhile, I would go with Jai and have a talk with him about what happened the other night. If he says it was an accident, I'll forgive him and we can go back to the happy couple we were. Ross, if you're reading this, you can go back to Brooke or Laura. But not me. I'm not part of the choices. So hope you have fun with either one of them. I don't really care which one you'll choose and what I said last night was fake. I was just sleepy. So don't say we were meant to be, same goes to you Makayla. Ross and I weren't meant to be. I could see it clearly and it's time for both of you to see it too.

Lots of love. (I think)

Anna

Oh please don't tell me Anna's with Jai. Not that idiot. How could it be an accident? I never saw Jai pick up one single beer!! He's crazy and Anna shouldn't go back with him. She should go with Ross! They're meant to be and it's time for her to notice.

See what I did there? I like made it the opposite of what she wrote on the letter and... No? Okay. What should I do? Go after Anna? Go with Ross? Riker?

I shook my head and changed into some clothes. I'll go after her myself. Just a best friend thing, you know? Like we used to have back then. I changed into some black skinny jeans, a long sleeve white shirt that had "Living YOLO" in big black letters and my white converse shoes.

I brushed my hair quickly and left the note back in the desk where it was. I went speed walking down the stairs, quickly grabbed my purse and keys and headed outside into my car. Okay, Anna if I have to come and get you, I will.

Ross-

"You like playing guitar?" Brooke asked, smiling.

"Uh, yeah. Guitars are cool." I answered as I looked at the glass door where Makayla should've come out few minutes ago with Anna.

"Is something wrong?" Brooke asked looking at the glass door where I was looking.

"Oh no." I replied, shaking my head. "Umm, would you give me a few minutes? I have to talk with Riker."

"Sure." Brooke shrugged and I swam towards Riker which he was just chilling all by himself.

"Hey Riker. Have you seen Makayla?" I asked Riker

"No.... She should've been here a few minutes ago." Riker answered with a little concern.

"I'll go check." I said, Riker nodded and I swam next to Brooke.

"Hey, Brooke? I'm not kicking you out or anything but we kinda have a family emergency." I told her, hoping she'll understand.

Brooke nodded as I kept on talking. "I understand. I'll leave now. Call me if you need anything. I'll be here."

I gave her one of my "okay" nods and she got out of the pool and went inside.

I got out of the pool and searched the house if Makayla was in any of the rooms. She wasn't and I panicked.

I decided to go to Rikers' and Makaylas' room. I knocked on the door if she was changing or something but no one answered so I slowly opened it and peeked in. No one was in here so I opened the door wider and went inside. Where could she be? Where's Anna?

I frowned and started to look around the room and my eyes stopped as I saw a paper folded in half and had Anna's signature on it.

I walked up to it an grabbed it. I read it and I quickly dropped the paper and went running downstairs, into the backyard to where Riker was.

"Riker! We need to go! Now!" I yelled at him, signaling him to get out of the pool fast.

Riker did get out of the pool quickly, "What's wrong? Where's Makayla? And Anna?"

"Just change. Okay? I'll explain everything on the way." I told Riker and went inside again, changed into black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and a red vest with my red converse shoes.

When I was done, so was Riker. He was wearing dark blue skinny jeans, a black shirt and his black and white converse shoes.

"Come on!" I screamed as I started to look for his keys.

"Where's your keys?" I asked a little frustrated.

"It should be in the coffee table." Riker answered and I walked to the coffee table but nothing was there.

Riker gave a confused look and looked outside the window, "The car is gone! Makayla probably took it. Let's just take the other car."

Riker grabbed the keys to his car and we both hopped in. I'm not letting you go Anna. Not this easy.

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

Vote and comment, loooovvees.

xoxo, Ariana