Chapter 16: Banana

"Angelica?" A voice interrupts my thought's, I look down to see Val, Luke and Grant with concerned faces on, "Hi" I simply say.

"Angel, please don't move, we'll come up and get you" Val begs.

Does she think I'm going to kill myself?

"Val, don't worry---" I'm about to explain what I'm doing up here, but she cuts me off.

"Angel we'll get through this together" I roll my eyes at her, I gesture with my hand letting go of one of the strings.

"Val listen, I'm not going to-" She panics and intructs Luke to quickly to climb the tree, not even listening to me.

I am getting really annoyed now, Val shouts at Luke to climb the steep tree but he can't, Grant is standing under the swing just in case I decide to fall.

"WILL YOU STOP WORRYING!" I scream.

They all divert their eyes on me, " I can get down myself" I explain, so I swing back and forth wanting to prove them wrong.

Grant speaks this time "ANGEL PLEASE DON'T LET---".

I let go.

Their faces are priceless, their eyes go really wide. "CATCH HER!" Val screams, immediately both boys react and rush towards me. I just smile and grab the branch, gosh this was one of those times I really thank myself for putting shorts underneath my skirt.

I swing on a branch then walked out of the tree, all of them stared at the tree I went in, not even noticing I'm already down.

"BOO!" I sneak behind them. They're startled and go into attack mode ready to punch me, I wave my hands in surrender "Calm down" I tease. They all relax.

I laugh hysterically again, they should have seen their faces, I'm laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes, not sad ones this time.

"Angel! Never do that again! I nearly had a heart attack! We fucking sent a whole search team for you!" Val shakes my arm, I finally calm down and stare at her in the eye.

"I'm not making promises" I say, she stares at me like I'm crazy and just pulls me into a hug.

"Don't scare me like that again" she mumbles in my blouse.

"Okay" I whisper.

She breaks the hug and relaxes "How the heck did you get up the tree?" Luke asks.

"I shouldn't share all my secret's, just because you can't climb" I joke. He frowns but then smiles, Val laughs.

"Hey it's not like I got trained to climb a thirty foot tree to save a girl" He jokingly retorts.

"We should get going it's late" Grant says, who got him in a mood?

We start walking back to the pack house.

"No seriously though, how the hell did you get up there and decide to jump off into a tree just to know that you'll land safely?" Val asks with all seriousness in her voice.

"I've done it before and this is not my first time being here" I say like it was nothing. They all stop and look at me... again.

"What do you mean you've been here before and done it before?" Grant asks his eyes giving me a chill, so sharp and dark it looks so sexy. Wait, what am I thinking?

I just shrug, "I've done it before when I was five on that exact tree" they stare at me.

"Hey! Stop that!" I snap my fingers near their faces. They stop and I just huff and run wanting to get there first.

"She's gone crazy" I hear Luke whisper, I turn back to see Val and Grant nod. I shoot daggers at them with my eyes. We finally reach the pack house and I go into the kitchen to grab some food, I am starving, I left my banana somewhere.

I'm sorry Mr Banana, I swear a squirrel took it though!

I picked up another banana and ate it, mmm. I am in such a good mood! I don't know why, my life isn't perfect but isn't that terrible either. I think childhood memories made me think of the good times.

Val finally catches up panting "Okay, I can't run fast" she breathes, I smile and walk to my room and shut the door but it doesn't close and I find Val's foot wedged in, stopping it from closing.

"You're not getting off easily missy" she walks in and slumps herself on my bed, "Yes?" I ask.

"Next time you have a problem please come to me first" she mumbles in the pillow, she's knocked out.

"What did you do today?" I tease.

"The laundry and patrolled every inch of the forest because of you" I feel a little bad for that, I didn't mean for her to worry.

"Okay, the next time I have a problem I promise to always come to you, I'm sorry" I say sincerely, she jerks up and looks me in the eye.

"I'm your bestfriend and I want you to trust me no matter what." I nod and pull her into a hug.

"I'm sorry" I whisper .

"It's okay, but I'm never ever doing the laundry again!".

I laugh "That's the Val I know and love" she giggles.

"Now the drama's done, I need alcohol, I've been through alot" I smile at her, typical Val drowning her stress with beer, vodka you name it.

"Luke's been a jerk lately"

"Why?"

"Because he didn't stick up for you when Abby had her outburst" I frown and stood up.

"Don't fight, I don't want to be the reason you fight, I'm sorry" I bow my head in shame.

"Don't be sorry all the time, if he wants to act bitchy he can all he want, I won't stick around and watch my friend get bullied" No matter what she says,I feel guilty for making them further apart.

"Anyway's wanna go to a club?" Val asks, I shake my head.

"Val you know I don't like to party".

She puts on puppy eyes "Please! You said next time! And it's the least you could do, you know.... since I did spend most of my day worrying about you."

Okay she did have a point but, do I really want to go?

"Please do this for meee" she quickly adds.

Ugh.

"Fine, but I am just going with you, I'm not going to do anything I don't want to do, Capishe?".

She nods and squeals, and the annoying Val is back, why do I agree to stupid things?

"Just us two! Oh and if I get drunk which is not likely since werewolves don't get drunk easily just drag me to your car and drive, okay?" I nod and take the keys to my car, Uncle James sent me my small car when we moved.

I don't bother changing, but I did put on a coat, Val on the other hand wears this super tight dress but good thing it covers everything. Knowing her she doesn't want any men surrounding her, she just wants to have a good time.

"Let's go?" I ask.

"Let's go"
****************
Hey nerdlings, I know I say this alot but wow! 3k reads!

For all you who don't know I update on Wednesday and Sunday... Extra times if your lucky! 😁

Wasn't the most exciting chapter but I'm absolutely dying to post the next just for your entertainment. BUT I CAN'T KEEP SPOILING YOU ALL!... I want to though.

THANK YOU BTW!

Vote, Comment and Follow please.

Ps. don't mind the chapter name... couldn't think of anything else and I'm wierd.

-lovebooknerds18