Chapter 32: Girls Day

This morning Val was feeling a little better but as promised Luke had to go to a meeting and patrol the fields.

I was in charge of keeping Valerie comfortable while her mate was without her but it was going to be fun because I haven't really had a chance to talk to Val in a while with what happened lately.

This was a bonding session.

I brought a couple of movies and two tubs of Ben and Jerry's ice cream.

I walked up with a tray and knocked on the door peaking inside.

"Come inside"

I nod and walk into Val who was curled up in a ball watching TV.

She looks up to me and smiles, I hand her a tub of ice cream one for me as well.

I plop down next to her after putting a movie in, we are watching Big Hero 6.

"Hey, how are you doing?" I ask.

"Eh, I feel like I need Luke but thats just my wolf, what about you? Anything happen between you and Grant?" She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively.

I playfully punch her in the arm knowing what she meant and try and concentrate on the movie " Unlike you, I'm waiting until we get to know eachother first." I look at her.

" Unlike you already in heat" I mock.

She rolls her eyes at me and laughs.

"You know, I'm already in heat and we both haven't been on a date with our mates yet" she frowns.

Now that I think about it, it's true. Out of the couple of weeks we've known eachother we haven't been on a single date, probably because of what all thats happened.

"Well the time will come we just need to be patient"

"I'd probably be dead by the time, I will never be a patient person" she declared.

I took a giant spoonful of ice cream and launched it at her face.

"Stop being a drama queen"

She wiped it off and smeared it on me.

"Ewwwww" I shriek.

"Revenge is sweet!" She snorted.

------
After we watched the movie, we just sat there browsing random things on the internet.

"I hate being like this," Val grunts "So unproductive and in heat. I want to do something that helps!"

"You need to rest Val and you can't go anywhere with unmated males"

It's true and female wolf in heat can be irresistible to a male.

"You know what! We are going to train you today!" She declares as if it was a mission.

"You what now? Val you need to stay in here. Luke will be mad..."

She frowns at me then gets the devious smirk I hate.

She puts those glassy eyes and pouts "please... I would have done it for you... Don't worry about Luke. Pleeeaaassee Angelica" she pleads.

I roll my eyes "What exactly will you get out of this?" I ask.

"Happiness!" What does that have to do with anything?

"Fine" I grunt.

---------
I really hate Valerie Claire.

"Val let me rest! Please." I whine, on the verge of bursting into tears.

"Oh quit acting like a baby and take it like a man!" She hisses passing me another knife.

Its been two hours since I agreed to train and those 120 minutes have been hell.
Since Val can't demonstrate some defence moves she suggested knife throwing, my arms hurt like shit and I've been wanting to cry. I haven't even hit the target yet.

"Pleaseeeeeee"

"No you have to get a knife stuck in that target first" she orders.

Its official, I have no muscle or strength.

"Imagine its something you really hate" she cheers.

I glare daggers at her, " like how I really hate you right now?" I smirk.

"Ha.ha.ha. Just throw it already!"

I hate Valerie right now, she is ruthless so I imagine her as the target.

Take a deep breathe and throw!

I manage to hit the corner only managing to hit the edge by an inch.

"Yes! Thats my girl! I'm going to ignore the fact you thought of hitting me" she clapped.

I sigh in relief and squeal because I actually hit it!

"I'm going to Luke now, his shift has ended stay here, I'll be back. I just want a quick kiss to relieve me from this heat. Keep practicing if you want."

She left the room before I could protest.

I looked at my surroundings and sigh, maybe I have a bit of luck left and hit the target again.

Okay, try one more time Angelica.

I pick one knife up and breathe in deeply before positioning myself once again.

And release.

Before I knew it the alarms went off and I was sprayed with freezing cold water.

Holy shit, I hit the fire alarm.

------------
Grant's POV.

Today has been as boring as hell, paperwork and meetings.

Angelica has been on my mind all day and I haven't been able to focus.

"Grant!" Luke snaps.

"What?" I ask.

"I need to go toilet can I go? I've been calling you for ages" he frowns as I think of Angelica again.

"Grant!"

"Oh..umm yh sure." I dismiss.

"Unbelievable" he mutters.

I wonder what Angelica and Val are doing, maybe I should slip into Angelica's mind.

Yes! My wolf cries wanting to hear her thoughts. She hasn't fully learned how to block the mate bond yet.

Okay.

Hmmm. Now that I think about it me and Grant haven't had our first date yet.
She thought.

Oh shit, how could I forget!

As soon as Val is better we're definitely going on a date Angelica, I promise to myself.

-------
Angelica's POV.

A few minutes after the alarm went off panic filled the whole pack house, Grant immediately searched for me an carried me outside.

How sweet.

But now we are all outside waiting for the all clear they are fixing the alarms now. we are also soaking wet.

Val turns to glare at me, "Hey Angelica when I said I needed a relief from this heat, I didn't mean it literally!" She scowls.

"Sorry" I grin sheepishly.

*********
Short Chapter!
Anywho, Happy late Valentines day.

If you didn't have a valentine like me, Happy late SATURDAY!

Thank you for all the support I'm getting.

Next chapter will be there first date!

Please Vote, Comment and Follow.

-lovebooknerds18