Chapter 51

"Ah girls come here," he looked at me with a sinister smile "I don't think I need to introduce you all"

I growled at him and those pathetic excuses.

I was so close to lashing out at them but I knew I couldn't exactly kill all three fully shifting wolves.

All three of them smirked at me and a shiver of disgust ran down my spine.

All too fast Unc- James' face turned serious and to be honest it scared me. I've never seen him this way and I was secretly still hoping that this was dream.

That the Uncle James I'd known for years would come back, but reality and truth kept playing with me and I just didn't know what to believe anymore.

"Let's cut to the chase, tell me where the stone's hidden'' he grinned.

I looked at him with confusion "What stone?" I asked.

His smile dropped and anger laced his eyes "You Know What I'm Talking About!" He slams his hand on the table making me flinch "Don't mess with me now Angelica" he warns.

At that moment I would have spilt everything if I did know anything he was saying, it's probably not the best moment to pee my pants either.

" I s-s-seriously h-have no idea what you're talking a-about" I confess hoping he would go a little lighter on my upcoming punishment that I can see or sense rather.

He growled and before I knew it he slapped me, a stinging sensation filled the left side of my face I gasped, he's never hit me before.

His two devil daughters stepped in action whispering something in their maniac's ears something I could just about hear.

"Father I don't think she know where it is, but she might know some clues. She might not co- operate if we hurt her too much" With that James' eyes turned back to normal and sat back in his chair and huffed like a child I felt abused, tricked by the only fatherly image I've had for 12 years, the same uncle who would always help me if I had any troubles.

And now he was my problem Mustering up some courage I held back the urge to both cry and lash out "What else did you lie about, what else did you do?"

He gazed at me with challenge in his eyes.

"Oh besides betray your family? A lot of things uncountable even. But where shall we start? Everyone out! This is private"

Everyone even the bodyguards exited and I was left alone with him.

"Are you a reason why I can't shift?"

He clapped his hands together "Ooh my favourite, but that's a different story."

I inhaled deeply "Was it the perfume?" It always seemed fishy but I'd always ignore it too.

"You'd think that, but that piece of shit was only to give you a present so you'd think I cared about you.

4 words were burning my mind, I needed to know.

"Why can't I shift?"

He grinned leaning forward across the desk.

"It's caused by a spell that hasn't been recreated more than 2 times that's until it was used on you. See, the Moon Goddess only allows spells to people who genuinely need them. But its a forgotten way of solving problems since life became easier that spell is probably the rarest the Goddess will ever allow. But she allowed you"

I couldn't care less anymore if the tears ran down my face, if I was crying in front of a traitor.

"Was it you?"

He had the nerve laugh at me, he laughed for a few minutes before he wiped his tear and turned back to me.

"Oh Goddess No! That women probably hates me! I've despised her, went against werewolf laws and betrayed my family! As if she would pass a spell for me" My brows were knitted in confusion but who else would hate me enough do they stop my shift?

"Then who?"

"Now this is the good part! It was your own Father and Mother! " What? I stared at him not believing a word he's saying.

But even though he's a liar the tone of his voice got me believing that he was telling the truth.

"Why? Your lying! Stop lying to me!" I screamed standing up towering over the smug look on his face. 

"Believe what you want, but you know its true! Remember when your father and mother told you to run remember those mumbling words they were saying and you felt weaker? That's your proof!"

  I stood there searching his eyes for any lies. 

I couldn't find any.

  "Guards take her back to her cell!" 

I didn't notice they came in until they grabbed me and dragged me out.

"I want to know! I need answers!" I cried.

Before the door slammed I stared at him eye to eye hoping he would  tell me more.

"Maybe next time princess" .

***********
Please Vote, Comment and Follow!

-lovebooknerds18