Chapter 49

Angelica's POV.

My body ached everywhere, I could feel a cold yet burning metal on my wrists and legs. Repetitive droplets of water splashed on my forehead every few seconds.

Where was I?

I forced my eyes to open but it was hard as my eyes were sealed shut but with all the strength I could muster up, they fluttered open painfully.

My eyes focused on a dark mouldy roof and they wandered to my wrists which were chained, and unfamiliar burning sensation jolted through me every time the sensitive skin touched the cuff.

Silver.

I tried to sit up but all my energy was gone as if I ran a marathon 50 times in one go.

Giving up I just sat with my back against the cold wall, I was in a prison cell.

"Are you okay?" A voiced croaked, a very familiar one I might add.

My eyes scanned the cells searching for it or someone when it settled on a man in the same cell as me, his face was in the dark part and I couldn't recognise him.

Out of instinct I shuffled farther away from him ignoring the chains for a moment and managed to hit the bars which were also made out of silver.

I hissed in pain and the man moved forward.

"I'm not going to hurt you" he said, his hand reaching towards mine but I could see the burn marks from the chains as well.

He was a prisoner just like me.

"H-h-how d-do I know y-you're not going to h-hurt m-me?" I coughed, my throat was dry, I realised I was still in my damp clothes.

"Because you're my niece" he shifted slightly revealing his face.

I froze and my breathing became laboured.

"Uncle James?"

--------
Grant's POV.

The dreadful memory replayed in my head over and over again, I was becoming more than agitated.

More aggressive but mostly guilty.

I watched how my little Angel looked at me with so much hope yet she knew I wasn't going to get her in time.

She said those three words that make my heart soar through the sky yet ache when I'm missing her presence.

My wolf whimpered as he remembered when Angelica's almost lifeless body was thrown onto a mysterious ship that seemed to just appear from underwater.

They through her as if she was not the most precious gem, they treated her like a diseased animal waiting to be killed.

Was I good enough to find her? Will I find her in the useless state I was in?

I couldn't think like that, I needed to stay positive. Angelica needed that hope inside me and her.

I needed to find her, and this time I'm not letting her go.

"Alpha"

I was so deep in thought I didn't realise it was almost sunrise.

"What?" I asked a little impatient, his face stayed neutral. They were trained not to flinch or cower away.

"We checked CCTV cameras, there ship sailed north but we could not locate them any further" he informed, we had a piece of information but it wasn't enough!

"What about her scent?"

"The sea washed her scent because she was mostly in water, the boat had no plate number or name, nothing to help us track who it belongs too. The men were covered in divers equipment, no facial recognition"

I growled in frustration, we were no step closer and it has been 6 hours!

"Where's Luke?" I could feel my eyes turn black I was so close to shifting.

"He took some pack warriors and searched the area looking for witness' he should be coming back in 10 minutes"

Alpha! Luke's voice rang through my mind.

Any updates?! I asked pacing back and forth kicking the sand every so often.

We can't find Abby, but her scent is still here. We think we can follow her and find out where Angelica is. I have a feeling she knows.

I'll be there.

I looked at the retreating full moon one last time asking the moon goddess to keep her safe.

-----
Angelica's POV.

I stared at my uncle, he had bags under his eyes, his clothes were all ripped, he had grey hairs when I know he dyes it.

How long has he been here.

"I'm not your uncle James" he scowled at the name.

"W-what?" I asked, he looked like him. Heck he even looked like the same age.

"I am your Uncle. But not that low life bastard"

"Then who are you?" My voice was less shaky and from that moment I knew I shouldn't be afraid of him.

"I am Michael (Angelo- A/N It isn't really his name I was just tempted to put it there) Liveth, descendant of David Liveth. Twin of the fucking bastard James Liveth"

I stood there and watched him proudly say his name and scowl at his brothers name.

"I am the true heir to the alpha thrown right now while you are not of age yet and I am your uncle"

********
I made it! Its like 23:48 and I posted on Sunday! Yippee.

WE REACHED 203k READS!!!!
THANKING A YOU AND ALL TO THOSE WHO VOTE AND FOLLOW!

Please, Vote, Comment and Follow.

-lovebooknerds18