Chapter 69

Angelica's POV. (Unedited)

Going through the shift was not the easiest thing to do to say the least. Pain spread throughout my body as I felt my wolf force its way through my mind, I wasn't alone in my mind anymore.

The cracking was the worst, never had I felt such pain before and trust me I've been through a lot. I heard voices trying to talk to me through it but nothing was helping. This was a process you couldn't pass on to others, It was between me and my wolf.

All I could do was scream before all of it washed away. A sense of peace washed over me and everything felt clear for once. I was seeing things through a different set of eyes and angle.

I saw Grant's eyes scan me, shock had taken over his face.

As I saw the retreating figures in the background my wolf stepped forward to Grant's wolf, I didn't even realise how close we were until his face snapped back to mine.

She was in full control of my actions and I actually felt comfortable even if I wasn't in control of the situation because I knew she wouldn't do us  any harm.

My wolf was magnificent, I couldn't see how we looked but I just knew that we weren't ordinary. She gave off this aura that demanded power, nothing like the old Angelica- the human part.

This power was always in you, you just never knew how to use it. She spoke.

I jumped at the voice, it was new and that excited me.

Maybe she was right, maybe I hadn't harnessed my full capability before but now that she was with me I hoped she would teach me how.

Of course I'm right, I'm your wolf. She scoffed. Okay then, maybe I have a over confident wolf.

All of a sudden a spike of excitement ran through my body and staring through her eyes I could see she licked Grant's wolf before bolting off into the woods.

What are you doing? I shrieked, I had no idea what she was planning.

What better way to stretch my legs than to give our little mate a chase. With that she howled at she weaved her way through the trees.

Not even a few seconds later a second howl was heard, it sounded loud which meant he was gaining on us.

We ran through the woods and the moon shone brightly across the forest. Dare I say it but it felt as bright if not brighter than the sun.

The moon was so captivating that I didn't even realise that I had been staring at it. All of a sudden my wolf stumbled on a fallen branch that we hadn't noticed.

I quickly shook off the pain and looked up only to see Grant's wolf collide into a tree.

I immediately got up and inspected him.

What did you do? I mind linked, my wolf licked his head and he seemed to be dazed. He did hit that tree head first.

My head hurts, lets get back to the house for now. He mind links back. I nod and we take a nice walk back. It was a silent walk and it felt comfortable.

I would've talked more if I knew how to mind link more fluently, does that even make sense? Probably not but I just shifted.

As soon as we reached the pack house I tried to shift back but I didn't know how. Grant had shifted back in his naked glory and I immediately turned away.

You little nastay.

"I heard that! It's not like you haven't seen me naked before" he huffed, I could hear the humour in his voice and that made me blush.

My wolf stuck my tongue out at him once  he was dressed. He looked at me expectantly as if I could shift on command.

I then realised that I had no clothes to change into so I tried to mind link him, well my wolf tried to. He gestured me to enter the backdoor of the pack house so that we wouldn't see any of the pack members.

I walked through the pack house and it was weird to see the pack house at a shorter angle, I felt like a child all over again. I walked and padded up the stairs I wobbled a bit, on instinct Grant's hand steadied me in the wrong place.

I whipped my head back and let out a low growl but Grant just smirked at me before dropping his hand down. I wasn't expecting that to happen so I jerked back down. I whimpered at the impact with the stairs.

Slamming your face against a solid block of whatever the hell stairs were made out of, wasn't exactly comfortable.

He chuckled before helping me stand again by holding my hips this time.

When we finally reached our room, I just sat on the on the floor like a tired dog and looked up at Grant who looked more handsome than ever.

He kneeled down and kissed my wolf's head "you and your wolf are beautiful, inside and out" he then smiled brightly at me "but I think I want Angelica back right now."

My wolf silently approved and stood up retreating back into my mind, I took over and before I knew it my bones had cracked back painlessly.

Opening my eyes I looked at Grant who looked at me with such passion it was unreal.

His eyes became a darker shade as he took in my appearance. I realised I was naked but I made no attempt to cover myself.

My wolf just howled in the back of my mind.

You little nastay.

***********************

Hola everyone! I know this is overdue but I am really trying to balance my wattpad life with my education. Obviously I take my education far more seriously but that doesn't mean I don't care about wattpad! I've finished my practice exams and honestly I think I've failed English more than anything :D. Eh I prefer science anyways.

Please Vote, Comment and Follow!

I look forward to finishing this book and starting a new one.

-lovebooknerds18