Chapter 29

My Life as a Teenage Robot Episode 2: Raggedy Android

Jenny, still sitting upright in her bed fully awake with an intensive stare and smile on her face finally hears the alarm clock go off and quickly stops it with her outstretched arm. She runs all the way to the downstairs lab where her mother is sleeping, exhausted by the amount of work she had to put in the making of the human exo-suit, which looks ragged and horrifically undone.

Jenny: Is it ready?!

Nora barely awake: Huh...? What? (Yawns) Oh. Good morning dear.

Jenny: Is this my exo-skin?

Nora slowly rubbing her forehead: Well, let's just call this a prototype. (Barely lifts finger) You see-

Jenny lifting the suit: OH BOY! I can hardly wait to try it on!

As Jenny is about to put on the poorly designed and rather creepy-looking suit, she hears a distant whimper from that of a canine somewhere at a fair distance away from the neighborhood. Her left ponytail acting as an ear transforms into a satellite dish receiving the transmission of the closest radio tower where the dog is. For a moment, she hesitates, looking down at the suit then out of the window, repeating herself before she decides to drop it and wear a determined look on her face.

Jenny: Oh, who am I kidding? I can't go out there when someone's in danger. Especially not a cute puppy! (Turns on rockets) I'll be back as soon as I can, Mom!

Nora: Alright. Just make sure to be carefu-

Jenny rockets herself out of the house through the roof, blowing back Nora into the work table next to her and sitting her head flat on its surface, to which she begins to sleep on. Outside, Jenny searches from the sky for another whimper. Though faint, she can easily pinpoint its exact location thanks to the signals being received. Near the town mall, now empty as the townspeople are at the fair, Jenny lands at a dark alley where she finds a short pink dog with black ears, black spots, and a stubby tail making the noises and shaking his arms up over next to a trashbin.

Jenny: Oh no! You...poor...weird-looking creature. (Kneels to Courage) Did you lose your owner? Are you hurt?

Disembodied Female Voice: That's enough, Courage. I think we got her attention.

Jenny: Huh?

Courage backing to the wall: I just know something bad is going to happen.

Jenny: Oh sweet. You can talk too?! (Shakes head and looks to the back of the alley) I-I mean, who are you?

Disembodied Female Voice: The better question is, who were you?

Jenny: 'Who was I?' What do you mean by that? (Stands up and puts fists up) Show yourself!

Calmly, Fink, the deep-voiced mouse creature from earlier in her purple trench coat, steps forward to the teenage robot with her arms tucked in her pockets. Surprised, Jenny's pigtails lift themselves and her mouth gapes.

Fink: You can call me, Fink. I was brought here to retrieve you for a grander purpose. Something you haven't completed yet.

Jenny: Wha... (Eyes glitch for a moment) What are you talking about? I

Fink: You see, you were supposed to have saved the multiverse from someone in particular. But it seems that they've activated some kind of failsafe in reality. Now I'm here to bring you back.