Chapter 23

After fusing with Super Obsidian, Pink Diamond, Sadie, Simone (now appearing in a black haze with hollow white eyes), and Dani Phantom all materialize digitally in a pitch black void in front of a levitating red orb.

Glitchy Simone: Hey, nice do, Rosie.

Pink Diamond: Huh..? (Looks at hands and feet) Oh no..! This isn't me! This is Pink! My old body!

Dani: Old body?

Pink Diamond: Remember I used to be Pink Diamond before turning into Rose Quartz?

Sadie: Wait, really?! I thought you were shattered from what I heard!

Pink Diamond: No, no. I was faking it.

Sadie shocked with her hands out: ...WHYYYYYYYY...?!

Pink Diamond: ...Um...I was bored..?

Sadie: ...And?

Pink Diamond: I DUNNO! Ok? I was bored and I liked living on Earth. It was beautiful!

Sadie: But you've started a war against your own people! Steven and the Gems worshipped you! Why, every other day I'd hear them talk about how great you were! (Grabs Pink's arms and shakes) How could do that?!

Pink Diamond sweating: Um...

Dani: She'll explain later, Sadie. We'd better use the Antisword on that thing over there, or we're toast!

Pink Diamond lifting the Antisword: Ok... (Runs forward) Let's go ladies!

Rumbling Voice: YOU'RE NOT GOING ANYWHERE, PINK!

Pink Diamond holds sword near breasts quickly: Wha...? My Diamonds..?

In a flash, spawning from the orb now emitting a fiery red aura, three oily dark figures large and small shift from side to side until they all line up side by side. Blue and Yellow Diamond, distinguished by shape, are standing rather ominously on either side with White Diamond, represented by her hair shaped like a glowing star, is standing tall above the orb much larger in height than the rest of the already titanic Diamond sisters.

Dani: Giantesses... Oh no...

White Diamond: Hello, Pink Diamond. It is so good to see you by our side again.

Pink Diamond: I'm not by your side like this, Mother! I just want to rescue you and Stev-

The Diamonds and the orb: He's GOOOOOOOONE!

Sadie: That's not true! We just fought him a second ago! Show him!

Yellow Diamond: You're missing the point. The innocent little brat who complains about everything is long gone. What's left is controlling the fusion and the gems as we speak.

Pink Diamond: You mean... They're the ones attacking our team..?

Glitchy Simone: The virus is probably makin' em do that.

Blue Diamond: Not entirely...

White Diamond: The Toon God really made quite a number of arguments on why we do what do. Not just us, but all the enlightened.

Pink Diamond: Well if they're listening, Steven Universe, this is not how your story ends. You still have so much good left in you that cannot possibly be left to waste! You're a hero. Not a slave to the virus! None of you are!