Chapter 9

From Gaz' eyes after falling over from the tremble, it's a showdown at the laboratory of Dr. Nora Wakeman as several hundreds of innocent beings, now tainted by the mysterious virus entity, storm into the complex against the remaining survivors! Eliza Thornberry and Keane had just been rushed by the attackers and the rest of the fighters find themselves on the defensive taking multiple positions. Gaz can barely see from a distance, but at the front are what seem to be the melee fighters, including El Tigre (on the right), Lucy Loud (on the left), and Dudley Puppy (at the center). First comes Angelica, who's running on all fours like an animal in pitch black ooze surrounding her jumping and slicing Lucy when she tries to keep her away from Lincoln. It unfortunately isn't long before a corrupted Eliza comes out from the mist at the broken entrance diving onto him and pressing her palm against his face, turning him dark like she is now. Dudley is face to face with Ben Tennyson, turned to Four Arms, is seemingly crushed underneath two of Ben's fists. And although he manages to lift the arms with all his upper body strength, Ben grabs hold of his waist with his lower left arm and corrupts him too. Now it's up to the ranged fighters to open fire more than they have already. Seeing he's exposed to more trouble, Manny slashes Ben's upper left arm and grapples to the second floor. "Light em up, amigos," yells the short superhero, and together, Kitty Katswell, Frida, Herald, and a few others Gaz can't see from below shoot with their laser gadgets downward at the floor of the entrance. Ben guards himself with two of his arms and raises a chunk of the metal surface in front of him with his right. Gwen arrives next and performs a swift spin dive onto the floor which emits a glitched-looking shockwave across the front of the lab! For a moment, Gaz' vision becomes blurred and the corners of her eyes bead in and out like a frame of a computer going from black to what she's supposed to be seeing.

Rose running up behind Gaz: Gaz!

Gaz looking up to Rose's dress: Huh..? What..?

Starfire: Are you alright?!

Rose grabbing Gaz' hand and lifting her: The doctor just moved further to the basement! We have to hold the line here, NOW!

Sadie pointing forward: Are you sure about that?!

Ben and Gwen step to the side as a pitch black Festro charges in with his razor sharp fangs and an overwhelmingly pissed off growl! The tiles pop out of socket from each other, and Bimm and Sadie hide behind Rose's back shaking in fear, unlike Gaz who just stands in the same place waiting to make a move. Just when the manipulated creature gets close enough, Rose lifts her right fist above her, eyes shut and mouth closed taking a single breath. Gaz takes a stance; both feet separated, left hand above her, right hand below her toward her waist. Once Festro is but 2 feet in front of the two women, Rose quickly spawns her shield and slams it into the dome of the monster's head, followed by a spin kick across the side of his face by Gaz so strong it blows him to the left of the hallway corridor and breaks a chunk of the wall!

Bimm and Sadie looking at Festro then up to Rose: ...

Rose looking at the two with a calm face: Yep!

Sadie nodding seriously: On it. (Runs to lab interior)

Starfire charges up two large energy balls in her palms and tosses them ahead of her for cover fire while backing up.

Rose shielding herself from enemy fire: Manny, Kitty, hold the corrupted at the front with the XJ-Units! They're coming for support!

Kitty shooting rapidly with her lazer pen: Already on it! Get down to Nora!

More and more corrupted characters scour into the chamber at the bottom floor! Skips leaps from the second downward to perform a ground pound that blows the enemies back and buys time for the XJ Units 2-8 to arrive! XJ-8 in particular busts through the lower halls due to her weight and tall height!