Chapter 2

TOON WARS: The Final Days

Chapter II

By Frozarburst

With the Toon Force separated, they all live their respective lives back at their home worlds. Gumball returns to Elmore to reacquaint with his brother and sister while Nicole returns to be with Richard again after a long 5 years away from home. When they, the Future Anais, Momo, Penny, and Yuki warp down to the surface by the mall, they look to see that everything around them hasn't really changed. The mall still has its usual advertisements up and people are walking to and from the entrance. One of these people is Mr. Small, who's just stepping out the door with some soda in his hand. when he notices Gumball, he's quick to recognize him and say hello with a friendly wave.

Mr. Small waving: Oh! Heheey Gumball!

Gumball running for a hug: Mr. Small!

Mr. Small getting a hug: Wohoho! (Strokes Gumball's head) We've got a hugger today!

Gumball: It's been so long! I haven't been back here in forever! I thought everything would've changed and- (Raises ears) Oh! I forgot. What's today? Sunday?

Mr. Small: All day long, bud!

Gumball: Sweet! I'll be back for class tomorrow. (Lifts Penny off her feet) The GF n' I have things we've gotta catch up to.

Penny blushing and holding GB's shoulders: Woah, Gumball..!

Gumball preparing to jump: UP, UP, AND AWAY!

Gumball does like his Mom and bends his knees, backing up a few steps before making a forward jump that boosts him into the sky like a superhero!

Alt. Anais shouting: Slow down, Gumball! At least give us a minute to take in the scenery!

Above in the sky, Penny morphs herself into a dragon and sets Gumball on her back as they both look down and admire the view of their hometown. On the surface, nothing seems to have changed. Everyone, like are walking around or driving as though it were any other day, minus the bank robbery. The doughnut police are busy trying to get a man to put away the money in the bag while he's cornered, but he has a cheap plastic detonator on a clerk in the back resembling a clock from a toy store. Before it ticks down to 0, Penny swoops down at the scene and grabs the bomb and spits it out for Gumball to shoot with a plasma bolt! While the cops are distracted and confused at the sight of GB and Penny's return and heroism, the crook attempts to escape out the side door of the building when he's quickly crushed underneath Yuki's feet when she lands from a high jump above town!

Yuki looking around: Nothing out of the ordinary here.

Dragon Penny soaring with GB: It feels so nostalgic seeing our home town like this! But...doesn't it seem so, odd to you..?

Gumball: Where've you been all my life? Everything's odd out here in Elmore!

Dragon Penny: Yeah, but everything looks the same as it always does. Doesn't that concern you..?

Gumball shrugging: I mean, kinda, but, meh. I'm sure it's like any day of the week. I mean, lighten up a little. Everything's gonna be fine! Plus, I can't wait to see the look on everyone's faces when we see em again.

Dragon Penny: Want me to take you down to your house while I go back to mine?

Gumball: Yeah. Let's do that.