Chapter 5

Nicole and Yuki are back at the Rainbow Factory with their respective roles. Almost all the workers there look at them with vivid expressions in awe at the slight change in appearance they've gained over the years. For Yuki, they seem enamored. For Nicole, they're both that and fearful at the same time like things were alright until she appeared. Nicole tries her best to work like normal, but she can't help but feel disturbed by everyone gathering around her at her desk.

Nicole politely asking: Excuse me everyone, but do you remember the last time you ganged up on me like this?

The spectators immediately leave to their seats in fear!

Nicole: (Sighs)

Nicole looks at herself at the blank computer monitor on her desk. She visualizes herself before the Toon War, in comparison her current look, seeming much more savage looking than normal. Yuki comes over to her old friend. But instead of tossing her coffee onto her shirt, she calmly sits in a chair next to her in worry.

Yuki: Nicole, are you alright?

Nicole: Of course. Just a bit, you know. Just looking at myself in the monitor. Everything is fine... Heheh... Heee... (Looks insanely worried)

Yuki: I've known you since we were children, Nicole. You and I both know when something is wrong, it's hard to hide it.

Nicole turning her chair around quickly: Look at us! We just came from a war for goodness sake! Everyone's looking at me like I'm a monster, yet you've barely even aged once!

Yuki: When you're made of air like me, its difficult to look that way. On the outside, I look great. But on the inside, I still suffer from thyroid issues. Don't ask me how my anatomy works.

Nicole: I just don't know how I can fit back into our old lives and pretend like nothing ever happened. In fact, come to think of it, me even being here is proof enough that virtually nothing has changed, aside from Richard. You know what my step son said to me? It's been 2 weeks with me and Gumball, alone. And since then, everyone's been doing just fine!

Yuki: I know. I just spoke with my husband a second ago. He and my daughter aren't any different from the last time they saw me, almost as though this world was on pause the whole time. But I knew they still missed us regardless. Even your husband, Richard, has to have missed you too. I know he maybe a goof like I've seen, but he's still your goof.

Nicole: I don't know... Honestly. Sometimes I wonder if we're better off without each other for reasons that all stem from the fact that he's an airhead. At least he's not abusive, and he genuinely does care. But sometimes it feels like he doesn't. I come back literally 5 years away from him, refreshed in the mind, almost completely forgetting he even existed and yet he's still the same as he always is, just, beefier.

Yuki holding Nicole's shoulder: Listen, I know things seem abnormal at the moment, but your loved ones still need you. Even the city needs us both, including your son and Penny. They've lasted this long without us, but now it is time for them to get acquainted, so long as they are willing to do so.

Nicole: I just hope my son and Penny are doing alright to say the least. They've grown so much, but Darwin and Anais haven't even phased. Not only that, but we've amassed such strength than before, and sometimes I feel that maybe we're too strong! But don't get me wrong. My son is still a toothpick when compared to me, you, and Penny. No offence to him, of course. I love him, and I wish the best for him no matter what happens.