Chapter 14

In the engineering station at the Research District, Jimmy Neutron is busy constructing a new device colored like his traditional red and yellow schemes. He bangs on the bolts and screws with his hammer and Peridot and Jasper bring in more random technology for him to use to his heart's content.

Peridot dropping a cart full of scrap metal: Ok, Trashman. Fresh from the junk pile. Do whatever you want with it.

Jimmy: Excellent! All I need is one more screw to go. (Pats device with palm) See?

A bolt suddenly pops off and hits Jasper in the forehead, stunning and knocking her to the floor!

Jimmy checking on Jasper: Jasper! You alright? (Holds up 8 fingers) Quick. How many fingers am I holding up?

Jasper squinting: ...Eleven.

Jimmy giving a confused look: ...?

Peridot holding Jasper's back: It's not her fault. See the gem replacing her nose? It was cracked when she crash landed from an attack from a certain barefooted blue one I knew. It's a miracle she can even remember that!

Jimmy: Well, never fear! I still have the old Brain Drain Helmet and I can convert it into a much, safer, version of a Brain Gain Helmet. Or in this case, Gem Gain.

Peridot: That's nothing. I have a device that can rearrange people's DNA strands using feeble shed tools or Steven's father's vehicle.

Jimmy: Oh cool! I've done that once with me and my wife when we switched bodies using our brain cells!

Peridot blushes and just barely cracks a smile while clenching tightly on her wrench.

Peridot thinking to herself: Dang..! He's taken...

Jimmy: Anyway, I just finished a new invention that can easily speed this process up.

Jasper: What's that?

Jimmy holds up a circular device that resembles a round engine with two knobs on the side called "The Universal Montager!"

Peridot: I think you need to work on your names a bit.

Jimmy screwing the last bolt in: Let's begin.

When Jimmy turns the knob up, the montage immediately begins. In the morning before 11, Jimmy goes back to the kitchen of the palace and tries to work on the stove with the holo-reality capabilities like last time during Doug's tour. He tries to order a Good Burger from it, but when it activates, it only gives him half the sandwich as the rest was cut off from power drainage trying to make it. To fix this, Jimmy constructs another device similar to the Hypercube and hooks it up to the inside of the machine to act as a small generator. This way when he tries the order again, it makes the burger to full completion without wasting any power from the building. He has Doug try it out for a demonstration and the food comes out successfully without consequence, prompting a happy high-five. Next, Jimmy notices in the city how all the streets are tightly packed so it makes it hard to impossible to maneuver around with a car, or even a flying one at that. However, seeing Elroy fly in his little space pod gives him an idea. He takes one of the unused hovercrafts and gets Jasper, the White Wolf, and Wulf to disassemble it with a variety of moves, like tearing it apart with their teeth or clawing it to pieces. Afterward, Jimmy creates small schematics for chairs resembling Dexter's from when he first saw him in his lab. With them and the parts, he successfully constructs a series of hover chairs for everyone to use. Peridot, Billy, Scaredy, George, Thrasher, and Blastus hop on them and start taking them for a test drive going through the corners of the streets to the center of the main office buildings!