Chapter 0

In Loving Memory of Stan Lee, Stephen Hillenburg, and Chance Champ Lee (My Pet Dog)

...

The world is in danger. The clouds are intensely darkened around the globe, covering it in dark red and green hues while purple storms shower above from space. The medieval streets are empty and left in ruin. Only the Adventure Academy Tower, appearing worse for wear than in most days, sits perfectly still. Inside, the former classroom of an old professor lay Cattus the One Blade; the wisest of the team, and the ever so timid Bimm. She sits next to her brother, Familiar, who's too busy looking out the classroom window with a Neutron-Crossbow in his hands. As Bimm continues to look scared and confused, Cattus leans forward to her to ease the tension and give her comfort, telling her of a much different time before now. He says softly,"Years ago, when I was but a little one, before I attended the academy here, I was taught the ways of the One Blade. I remember the tradition well. My family consisted entirely of One Blades, given the title for our bravery, wisdom, and heroism. A mantle where everyone can be a warrior no matter the shape or size. A mantle that is not achieved, but is earned. I was the most recent, and the youngest to ever be. And ever since, I have been in a constant state of meditation, spreading my wisdom onto others, vowing to keep the title until one day, someone worthy steps forward." Just when Cattus finished his story, the huge long-haired frog, Phibby Croax bursts through the door with his damaged shield in his hand with a more panicked expression than his usual excitable appearance.

Phibby: ...They're here.

Bimm as her eyes widen: ..!

Familiar: I see it! The clouds are separating! We're not safe here anymore! Then again, we were never safe to begin with..!

Outside the academy, the skies start to distort like a computer erasing a skybox and the surface of the world crumbles into a pure white space, leaving nothing behind! But at the very center of the destruction, a city-sized purple layered halo, almost resembling an eye, stares down at the remains of the Earth.

Cattus: We must escape! (Grabs Whirlwind Magisword) Ready your defenses everyone!

Just as the group step outside, Bimm hesitates tremendously, as do everyone beside her while they have their weapons ready. They walk carefully down the hall, watching from all corners of themselves, trembling in nervousness as though they know what is come. When going through the halls, Cattus and Familiar check and look through the classroom windows. But all there isn't anything in them. The rooms are empty and glitched along with the outside environment. Eventually, they reach the end towards a room containing a large warp gate placed by the Toon Force for situations like these. And in front of it stands Vambre Warrior of Lyvsheria with her back turned.

Cattus: Vambre! Did the escape portal finish recharging?

Vambre: ...

Familiar: You alright, V?

Vambre slowly turns around shaking and breathing rapidly with an extremely frightened expression on her face next to a tall mysterious man in the shadows, appearing to be wearing a strange mixture of an outfit reminiscent of that of a familiar samurai warrior and a certain boy genius and ghost boy. Vambre is frozen, unable to even flinch from a dark purple aura holding her in place.

Mysterious Man turning toward the group: ...You know, they say there's a demon in all of us, Warrior. Now it's time to embrace your's.

Familiar: Damn...That's deep!

Phibby: He had us before we even knew it!