Pepperony: Spaghetti

Word count: 607

Warnings: Just some Pepperony fluff!

AN: I done Steve's happy ending last time, so lets make Tony happy.

Summery: Tony eventually convinces pepper to go on a date with him....
----

Tony felt alive. For the first time in a long time he had something to live for, and he felt invinsible- even without the suits.

He admitted to himself a few weeks ago that he was in love with Pepper, his assistant. As soon as she arrived she was the most important person in Tony's life. He loved the red head, and he was going to tell her tonight.

It was not uncommon for Stark to ask women out for dinner, but for the last 6 or so months it had just been pepper. he had lost his 'playboy' trend. It really did seem like pepper was changing him for the better. But she knew of his reputation, and as much as she cared for him she would never admit it, scared she would be used like all of the other women. She had been a good friend to Tony since she arrived. He always tried to hit on her, but when he realised it was not effecting her, he stopped- but he stopped because she made him nervous, he liked her even then.

Just like every day, he came down to her office, and knocked on her door.

"come in.... hi Tony, what do you need." she spoke in a kind voice.

"erm, I was wondering if you, er, if you wanted to go to dinner with me tonight."

"oh, er tony I don't..."

"I promise there will be no paparazzi." he pleaded, she was his friend and still couldn't resist that look. He was a child at heart.

"fine, alright. But your paying." she smiled

"seriously, you own more of my company than I do." he pouted.

She folded her arms and stared back at him. Soon enough he broke.

"fine." he huffed and went to leave. " i'll see you at 7" he sang as he left and closed the door behind him.

She was ready and waiting by 6:55, and unknown to her Tony had been waiting outside her apartment since 6:30, not wanting to be late. He waited at exacualy 7 to knock on her door. She took her time, knowing Tony's tendancy to always be late, but she was pleasantly surprised to see him standing there with a bunch of flowers in his hands, smiling. He looked really nervous.

She got into his car, and they drove to an Italian restaurant. She was surprised to see the whole street empty.

"wow, it really is quiet down here tonight." she said and tony went red. "what did you do?"

"I erm, may have hired the street for the evening so no one but us could get down here. You didn't want any paparazzi."

she looked around again and appreciated the effort he had gone to , to make her happy.

"thank you tony."

"the only people in the restaurant was the waiter and the chiefs."He really went full out. They had a bowl of spaghetti served to them for their dinner. Pepper was having the time of her life with her friend and her boss. She didn't think he would become anything more than that.

Like a clique romance story you see on the TV, they both started enjoying the food-and by some coincidence, got the same strand of spaghetti. Ad they moved closer, their eyes met, and they met in the middle. They shared a warm kiss. Tony moved his hand to cup her face as he kissed the love of his life.

They pulled away and tony blushed.

"I love you pepper."

"I love you too Stark."