Sex, Secrets, and Lies (Part 19)

~Chey’s POV~

When I came out of the blood rage I was exhausted and weak; my wrists had Iron clasps around them and the Iron clasps were connected to Iron chains that were bolted into the wall of the Iron cell. It was ironic that the weapon I had always counted on to kill vampires, was the weapon that would restrain me. My body shook with tremors, but they weren’t the same as the ones I had had long ago; no, these were tremors of sorrow.
With every tremor that shook my body, a new sea of tears would fall from my eyes; yea, that’s right -I was sobbing like a fucking baby. Why, you may ask? Because it was over; everything I had been working for was over; they had my baby and there was no way Jace was going to be able to get in here and save her and get out alive; and on top of all of that, I was still a danger to her and everyone else I love. I had come here under the false pretense that they would heal me, and here I was, six months later, and I was still as dark and dangerous as ever -if not, more so. The door to the room opened and the shaggy brown-haired boy that had informed the Warden of my daughters capture stepped inside, followed by the two vampires who had thrown me in this awful cell. Uriah, I believe his name was, walked up to the bars and peered inside at me in disgust.
“I came here to let you know that you killing my mother will not go un-punished.” He said.
“Your mother?” I asked. “She’s an immortal, she can’t be your mother. Unless of course, she lied about that too.”
“My mother is not a liar!” Uriah shouted, slamming up against the bars.
They held under his impact, but I heard them groan in protest; this kid was obviously not human, or not completely human.
“She may not have given birth to me,” He continued. “But she raised me like her own son, saved me from my parents who were going to use me for evil. She loved me and you murdered her.”
As he got angrier, I noticed that his eyes changed from light blue to a dark, navy blue.
“She certainly is a liar,” I teased -knowing that my words would only upset him more. “She lured me here under the false pretenses that she would heal me from my darkness; and here I am, do I look healed to you?”
Uriah started laughing. “That’s where you’re wrong, hunter. She promised to heal you and she fully intended on doing that before you brutally murdered her; but since she’s no longer around, it’s my duty to carry out her promise.”
He grabbed the lock on my cell and stuck a key in it; twisting it until it un-locked. The door opened with a groan and Uriah stepped in, looking down at me.
“What are you talking about?” I asked.
“Exactly what I said; she intended to heal you and now I will heal you.”
“And how do you plan on doing that?” I asked.
“By making you a vampire.” He said.
At his words, the two vampires who had come with him here stepped into the cell and Uriah stepped out, locking the door.
“Mother never lied, she was simply waiting until you trusted us to turn you because she didn’t want a rogue vampire on her hands, but now that we have the child and the vampire father is on his way here, we will need all the help we can get.”
“No,” I yelled, yanking at my chains. “I will never help you!”
“Oh no,” Uriah said, swinging the key around his finger. “I don’t expect you to help us; you see, we didn’t know that you were the child’s mother, but now that we do -turning you is the only way to break the bond between you and the vampire; and once that bond is broken, your vampire will be useless against our army. That’s how you will help us.”
With that, Uriah left the room and the two vampires stepped in front of me. How the hell was I going to get out of this one?

~Jace’s POV~

I didn’t drive with Anna back to Cheyenne’s house, in fact I left her there so I could get away from her calmness and reasoning. Driving at more than a hundred miles an hour, I high-tailed it out of there, but some how, when I got home, she was on the porch waiting for me.
“Damn it,” I cursed as I slammed the door to the jeep closed with a little too much force; it fell off one of its hinges.
“Anna I don’t have time for this.” I said, charging past her.
“Well, you left in such a hurry that you forgot me behind.” She said.
“No, I left you purpose.” I told her, throwing open the weapon chest.
“You also left your dog.” She said, “And all the other ones.”
I looked up and saw them all sitting behind her; how the hell did she get them here? And then that reminded me, how the hell did she get here  before me.
“How’d you do that?” I asked.
“What?” She questioned.
“Get here so quickly, and with them.” I motioned towards all the hunters dogs, minus Niko who had died, and the puppies.
“We teleported, how did you get here so fast?”
“I speeded…” I began. “You teleported?!”
I suddenly realized what she had said.
“What the fuck?”
“Jace, how about we sit on the couch and talk about a reasonable plan…” Anna began.
I cut her off. “What do you mean you teleported? Why don’t you tell me what the fuck you are Anna, because I’m really getting sick of your games.”
“I’m not playing any games.” She replied, looking as confident as ever; but I could smell the slight whiff of fear coming off of her, and for some reason that fueled my anger.
I grabbed onto her shoulders and pushed her into the nearest wall, careful not to crush her. She whimpered on the impact all the same.
“Tell me what you are Anna.”
She closed her eyes, and I noticed her eye lids had a natural blue coloring on them.
“Anna…” I warned, getting angrier. “Tonight is not the night to push my…”
Before I could finish my sentence Anna kissed me, and with that kiss came an image I was all too familiar with. An Angel, but not just any Angel, the Angel who had given me my life back. I grabbed onto Anna’s face and deepened the kiss; an Angel…
“You’re an Angel.”
She nods and before she can say anything I grab her face and crush her lips into mine.

~3rd person POV~

A black car speeds through the night, defying all of the speed limits. Driving is a satisfied looking man with short brown hair and blazing green eyes; dried blood is crusted on his hands and soaking his clothes. He laughs out loud and looks in his rearview mirror at the baby laying in the backseat.
She looks just like her mother. He thinks; and a million images flood into his head.
Holding her, caressing her, kissing her, fucking her…she may not have ever been his willingly, but she was his favorite, and he wanted her back. The baby opened its eyes and returned his gaze with much more intelligence than any regular human baby should have. The violet eyes pierced his and he has to look away. His hands clutch the steering wheel making his veins pop and his eyes start getting darker. That parasite impregnated his girl; she might have eventually loved him but with him growing inside her and knowing he was waiting for her -she had never been able to appreciate him….but she would now.
Now the tables were turned; he had the thing that they would both kill to protect, he had the one thing that would bring them to him; and then he would get his revenge. Sure, the council would be mad that he didn’t kill the hunters, but having the baby in hand would be a great victory. He pulled off the road and parked the car, it was walking from here…

~Anna’s POV~

Electricity; starting from my lips and moving all the way through me. I want to hold on like my life depends on it but then suddenly I remember who I am and what I’m here for. This is not me, I am not this girl, and this kiss; however magical it is, is not for me.
I shove Jace away and grab my mouth with my hand; he looks up at me, dazed at first, and then his eyes return to their regular violet radiance.
“Anna, I’m--” He begins.
“No; now you know, so can we just get back to work?”
He opens his mouth but I don’t let him speak; I shove past him and grab the bag he filled with weapons.
“You and I can’t take them alone. Though I’m confident of you and your bond with Cheyenne, I’m pretty sure that’s not enough to take on the entire council.”
“And James.” Jace says.
“James?” I ask.
“James is the one who attacked the hunters and took my daughter.”
“Are you sure?” I asked. “I thought it was the council.”
“I’m sure,” He replies. And then “But maybe he’s working with them.”
“What is James, exactly?” I ask, afraid of the answer.
“James is a hell-hound; the hell-hound.”
I close my eyes and pinch the bridge of my nose in between my fingers.
“We’re going to need more help.”
I feel some pressure on my toe and open my eyes to see a large black dog looking up at me. There is so much animation in her eyes that I can’t help but feel respect for her. She barks at me once, twice, and then turns to face the other dogs who all cluster in front of Jace and I.
“These are warriors.” Jace says. “Trained by Cheyenne to help fight and kill vampires.”
“And so were we.” Someone says from the doorway.
I turn around to see the platinum blonde from the apartments; last time I saw her she was bleeding out and weak -she still doesn’t look one-hundred percent.
“Paige,” Jace breaths and runs over to her.
She smiles weakly at him and touches his shoulder lightly.
“We’re here for you, no matter what.”
Behind her are four other hunters, two look just as exhausted as her. The other two look fine, untouched, but worried -those were the two who had been absent when the attack happened. The dogs jump up and run to their owners, I notice two who stay behind, looking unsure. Jace notices too.
“Parker and Liam?”
Paige looks at the ground. “Parker is in a coma, he has sever brain damage; to a human it would be fatal, but he’s not human. Doc’s hoping he wakes up okay.”
I can tell by the remorse in her voice that Paige cares of this Parker; I feel a squeeze in my heart.
“And Liam?” Jace asks.
“He was weak,” Paige begins. “From the fight with the hell-hounds still. He never had a chance.”
Jace closes his eyes, takes a deep breath, and then opens his eyes again.
“I appreciate the jester, but I don’t want any of you getting hurt…again. I’ll handle this.”
The small girl with the auburn hair pushes through the group and steps in front of Jace; there is a look of determination on her face.
“I’ve watched my sister succumb to drugs and alcohol and watched my family be slaughtered by vampires because of it; I’ve fought the worst of the worst vampires right along side of you. I was kidnapped and held hostage by a hell-hound and repeatedly raped and beaten by him until I literally could not handle it anymore; I’ve been through hell and back Jace and you have no right to tell me what I can and can’t do. Do you understand?”
I realized then that I liked this girl, and it pained me to know that I would never be able to be friends with her in the future. Jace blinked and then suddenly smiled the most radiant smile I’ve ever seen from him; a true genuine smile that had my stomach erupt in butterflies and made my knees a little weak.
“Mia, I’ve missed you dearly.” He said and then engulfed her in a hug.
When they parted he looked at the hunters and nodded his head.
“Okay, gather all the supplies you can find and meet me back here in a half-hour. We have a long night ahead of us.”
And with that the hunters dispersed and I realized that I was completely in love with that vampire.

~3rd person POV~

The council members were before him and he could feel the power radiating from their very being. It put him a little on edge, that or maybe it was the five vampires who lined the walls like loyal guard dogs. He wasn’t sure how they kept them in check, but maybe the vampires were smart enough to know when they were doomed.
“So you’re telling me that the Warden is dead?” He asked.
“Yes,” the red head with light freckles across her face said. “She was murdered by the dark hunter who is bonded with the vampire. That is their child, is it not?”
He nodded and picked the baby up from the basket her had carried her here in. She opened her violet eyes and looked at him. There was no fear in her gaze, and he thought of how fearless babies were.
“So what shall I do with her?”
From behind the council members stepped a young boy with shaggy brown hair; he had calm blue eyes but there was more to him that that.
“I will take the child; my mother wanted her cared for and protected, so that is what we’ll do.”
“But Uriah,” The red head warned. “The vampire father is probably on his way now, and from what he has just says, the hunters are probably with him.”
Uriah approached him and he scoffed, handing the baby over.
“Please,” He said, pushing past Uriah to get a better look at the red head…she would be a fun toy…
“I left them in no condition to fight. Even with their accelerated healing, they would be no match for immortals like yourselves, and besides, you command armies of vampires.”
“And,” Uriah replied from behind him. “The hunter known as Cheyenne is as good as dead now; the bond between her and the vampire is severed and so he will not be a match for even me.”
Dead? His body tightened and suddenly he started shaking. How dare they kill his mate! The boy with the shaggy brown hair saw the change happening and called the guards. The vampires lunged for the shifting hell-hound but he batted them away like they were flies. Uriah pressed a button on the wall and a silent alarm went off; ten more vampires swarmed into the room and the council scurried out as fast as they could. Now it was just Uriah, the hell-hound, the baby, and fifteen “tamed” vampires.
The hell-hound knew he couldn’t change in the state he was in, he would die for sure, so instead -he channeled the power of the change and lunged for the half-breed spawn- knocking the baby from his hands and tackling him to the ground. The baby screamed when she made impact with the ground; she’d never been handled like that before.
Suddenly, her body began shaking and another scream engulfed her, tuning her ivory white face bright red. Her body convulsed harder and she pushed herself up into a sitting position, only to fall backwards again. Hot tears fell from her sheen violet eyes, and then suddenly they weren’t tears anymore, and her eyes were no longer violet but jet black.
Uriah felt the power coming from the baby and that’s how he saw her eyes change. He shoved the hell-hound off of him and ran for the door, yanking it open and running from the demon-like power coming from the baby. He knew that if the power engulfed him, he would be a slave to her will and he couldn’t risk that. She must have been tainted from her mother, only the darkness coming from the child was so much more powerful because it was fueled by her rich vampire blood.
The hell-hound jumped up off the ground and took off after the half-breed, never even realizing that change happening behind him. He closed the door on his way out…
From the baby, a power erupted seizing control over the fifteen vampires in the room. Their eye color drained, replaced by a dark black ooze, and their bodies froze like they were rocks. The baby, who had managed to get back into a sitting position, slumped over in exhaustion; but not before delivering a  telepathic message to anyone who was unlucky enough to be caught in the room with her.
The fifteen vampires turned and began massacring each other.
_____________________________________________________________________________________