The Secret Life ((Part 4))

I woke up in my bed with the sun beaming on my face and my blankets tucked securely around me. Why hadn't my alarm clock woke me up? And how the hell did I get in my bed?

I sat up and looked around my room, everything was exactly the way I left it before I went out last night...except for the note tucked under my phone.

I reached over and grabbed the small piece of paper:

Cheyenne,

You're very cute when you sleep.

Hope you don't mind but I put you in proper sleep

wear to make you more comfortable. You also make

a funny drunk...

Well, hope you don't have a bad hangover, but if you're

anything like us vampires, you probably wont.

See you around,

Jace

PS- you're mom is a real sweetheart.

I pushed the covers back and looked down at what he apparently thought of as 'proper sleepwear'. I was in a long t-shirt and knee high socks. I reached under the shirt, please say I'm wearing underwear. Luckily I was, and not just any underwear, my special silky kind.

"Ugh." I shuttered, thinking of Jace's hands all over me, dressing me last night. And who the hells t-shirt was this?

I smelled it and a sly smile appeared on my face. The shirt smelled of Creed Royal Water, a very expensive cologne my father used to use, and something else too, a sweet fragrance that made my stomach feel...fluttery?

When I stood up the shirt came down to the middle of my thighs and I realized it said 'I bite' on the front of it. I had a really bad feeling all of a sudden that I knew whose shirt this was.

I showered away the night before and changed into some productive work-out clothes before going outside to feed the animals. Instead of feeding the dogs their regular meat though, I opened their fence gate and allowed them all out to run free, leaving Bebe for last.

She whined at me and pawed at the ground. "I'm coming baby." I told her, unlatching her gate.

She busted out and ran to join her pack of hounds as they disappeared over the farthest hillside into the woods.

"Cheyenne!" My mom called from the back porch. "Would you come eat breakfast?"

I sighed and tugged my hair into a pony-tail. This should be fun.

We sat there, at the kitchen table, awkwardly for awhile, without saying anything. I was picking at my food like I always did, I've never had much of an appetite (except after fights and we all know that's a different appetite), and mom was chewing vigorously, possibly think if she chewed long enough this breakfast would be less awkward, and then finally she said, "So that boy was cute last night. What was his name, Jace?"

I nearly choked on the piece of egg I had actually attempted to swallow, and had to chug the whole glass of orange juice before I could reply.

"Uh-yea, Jace is his name. But trust me, he's not a cute 'boy'."

My mother didn't seem to catch my drift. "So he's not one of your 'sex toys'?" She asked, causing me to choke on my orange juice now.

"Mom, that's absurd. Of course he's not one of my sex toys. Ugh." I coughed a few more times and then stood up. "As much as I've loved this conversation mom, I've gotta go or I'll be late for school."