Good Times, Bad Times

Start from the beginning

"Fantastic. By the way, I wanted to ask you something. What all is there to do in town?"

Ethan thought for a moment before answering, "Well there's this arcade that Lyra and I went to. There are a few restaurants in town. I think there's a bowling alley. Yeah, there are quite a few things to do, but I'm guessing you're not planning on going alone."

Red grinned to himself, "Yeah, I want to take her out somewhere. Like on an actual date," he said.

"Good on you man, you got any questions for an experienced boyfriend?"

"Not questions, but some advice would do me some good."

"Well then...above all else just be yourself, don't move too quickly, and for the love of all things holy keep it in your pants," Ethan said with a sly grin.

"Pfft do I look like Blue to you?" Red asked, "In all seriousness thank you for the tips."

"Of course man, any time," Ethan said, "I should take Lyra on a date soon."

Just then, the person on Ethan's mind showed up, "I come to the cabin and all I hear is something about tips. I hope Ethan's not teaching you anything dirty Red," she said teasingly as she leaned on the doorframe.

"It's too late for that, Lyra. Red has already been assimilated," said Ethan.

"Oh, Ethan how could you do that to this poor innocent soul?" Lyra said pinching Red's cheek.

"Innocence never lasts, milady. You and I both know from experience."

After he said that, Ethan noticed her flinch slightly. And then her smile became forced as she stood there. Maybe he shouldn't have made a joke like that, he knew their sex life wasn't something she liked others hearing about even if the joke wasn't that obvious to Red. But something seemed different about it this time. "Alright, I'm gonna go get some lunch. I'll see you guys later," Red said as he left the building.

Lyra watched him until he was out of view. As she turned back around a solemn and anxious look came over her pristine face. Ethan looked at her worriedly as she came and sat on the bed next to him. "Sorry, that joke was a little out of line," said Ethan.

"No, no, it's not that..." Lyra replied looking towards the ground in front of her. She looked uncomfortable and scared.

"What's wrong then?" Ethan asked worriedly.

Lyra became even more anxious and shifted uncomfortably in her spot, "I...I-I..." she struggled to find the words. Ethan was getting nervous now, he had never seen her like this before. What was going on? In a quick moment of courage, she finally managed to say the words.

"...I think I'm pregnant..."

Ethan's eyes went wide as saucers. She thinks she pregnant? A wave of fear swept over him as he grasped the reality of the situation. "A-Are you serious?" Ethan asked.

"mmhm," she nodded, "I'm a week late."

"Oh my gosh," Ethan said worriedly as he covered his mouth, "Is there a pregnancy test around here?"

"I looked through the medical stuff Professor Oak keeps around, he doesn't have one. The general store doesn't sell them either."

"So we'll have to go to town."

"Yeah, but I can't take off work today..."

Ethan reached over and held onto her hand, "OK, I'll go talk to my grandparents and see if they can let me off, then I can go to the drugstore and pick one up."

Lyra nodded and Ethan pulled her into a hug, kissing the top of her head.

xxxxx

Hilbert sat at the lake bored; he had just finished his time as a lifeguard and now he was just sitting on the dock with his feet dangling in the water. If only Hilda wasn't working right now, he'd probably cuddle with her or drag her into the lake. Yeah, that last one sounds fun. Rosa popped up out of the water and rested on the dock. "I wish there weren't so many people swimming here. It'd be nice to have more room to swim," she said.