Reckless Forky

11/9/19
(A/N: Putting this here right now. I hated how "stupid" Buzz was made to seem in the movie with the whole inner voice concept. Yeah, I'm not working with that. It was a gag and nothing more, so that won't be a part of my story. Enjoy!)

The entire time Bonnie was at kindergarten, the toys were going crazy. They frantically worried about Woody, speculating that he did in fact go with Bonnie, but until she returned, there was no way for them to be sure. Of course, you didn't tell them the truth either. There wasn't any need to. Besides if you did, then Dolly probably would've "threatened" you for not stopping him.

But when Bonnie finally did come home and Woody removed himself from the backpack, the toys were all shocked and fairly upset with him, such as how Buttercup hissed, "You tryin' to get Bonnie in trouble?"

"You could have been confiscated." Dolly scolded firmly.

"Or worse. You could have been lost!" Jessie added, equally as frustrated.

"No, no, no, guys, listen." Woody began. "Bonnie had a great day in class, and we're going on a road trip!"

"Road trip?" Buzz asked just as the toys began to cheer, all of them brightening up as if they were never upset with Woody in the first place.

Woody quickly brought everyone back to the present as he continued to speak. "But then something really weird thing happened. Bonnie made a friend in class."

Dolly sighed happily, "Oh, she's already making friends!"

"No, no. She literally made a new friend." He held up the lip of the backpack, speaking to something inside of it. "Hey, it's okay. Come on out." You watched in awe as a strange craft began to peek out. "That's it. Come on, there you go." Woody reached in and grabbed the character, pulling him out of the bag and placing him on the floor.

Everyone gasped at the sight before them, including you. It was a cute little spork with googly eyes glued on, arms made out of red pipe cleaners, and a broken popsicle stick for the feet that was held in place by what appeared to be gum. "Everyone, I want you to meet Forky!" Woody beamed.

The toys all gushed over the cute little creation. "Trash?" Forky spoke nervously.

"No. No, toys. They're all toys." Woody corrected him politely.

"T-t-tooooo-Trash?"

"No, no, no. That's the trash." Woody gestured to Bonnie's plastic trash bin across the room. "These are your friends." When everyone greeted him all at once, the poor spork became scared and one of his eyes popped out of place. He then ran towards the trash bin.

"Woody, I have a question." Trixie spoke up as Woody tried to wrangle the gravy spork. "Um, well, actually, not just one, I have all of them. I have all the questions."

"Uh, why does he want to go to the trash?" Buttercup asked, very confused and concerned.

Woody responded simply, "Because he was made from trash."

"Trash!" Forky kept trying to run to the trash, and Woody had to remain quick on his feet in order to keep the sport away from the garbage.

"Look, I know this is a little strange, but you got to trust me on this." Woody smiled as he finally gave up, picking Forky up into his arms. "Forky is the most important toy to Bonnie right now."

"Important? He's a spork." Pricklepants pointed out.

"Yes. Yeah, I know, but this spork....this toy is crucial to Bonnie getting adjusted to kindergarten!"

Dolly gave the cowboy a troubled look. "Woody, aren't you being a little dramatic about all of this?"

"I know this is new to everybody, but you should see how much this little guy means to Bonnie!" Woody tried to reason with all of the toys, who all seemed to have the same amount of trouble in believing him. He placed Forky back down as he continued, "When she started playing with him, she had the biggest smile on her face. I wish you could have seen it. Bonnie was really upset, and I swear, once she made Forky, it as a complete transformation."