Safe at Home

10/20/19
(A/N: Last one for the day 😅)

"Are we just gonna leave this here?" You laughed.

"We're gonna have to." Woody told you, having a chuckle of his own. "Let's just hurry before somebody sees."

You and your friends hurried across the street, leaving behind the vehicle you hijacked. In order to make it home in time before Andy got back from camp, you all needed a fast ride. Woody's solution was to take the long line of cargo crates that you had been placed on while in the suitcase. And that's exactly what happened.

So, since you got home in the nick of time, Andy got to see all of his toys still there in one piece once he got home from camp only a short while later. Granted, the airport's vehicle was still sloppily parked on the other side of the street, but who in their right mind would've suspected it was left by toys?

Andy was ecstatic when he saw he had new toys. He instantly fell in love with Bullseye and Jessie, and he didn't mind having three Pizza Planet aliens. The child played with his toys for a long while before sitting down to fix Woody himself after the cowboy's arm had been re-ripped by Pete.

He fixed the toy at the desk, right next to where you sat on your platform. You couldn't help but break character for the slightest second while right next to Andy. You glanced at him, smiling warmly at the child who was hard at work fixing Woody, his prized possession.

"Andy, come on, hon. Time to go." His mom said as she entered the room. She looked over to see Andy giving Woody's newly repaired arm a few small tugs. "Hey, you fixed Woody!" She beamed.

"Yeah." Andy replied, hopping down from his chair. "Glad I decided not to take him to camp. His whole arm might have come off." He said as he exited the room with his mother.

The second the door closed, Woody sat up and inspected his arm. "Well, what do you know?" He mumbled to himself with a smile.

"Looking good, cowboy!" You smiled, getting off of your handmade platform. "How do you feel?"

"Andy did a great job, huh? Nice and strong!" Woody bragged, flexing his new arm that had been stuffed fuller than his other one.

"Makes you look tough." You smiled at him. He smiled warmly back at you in response with a soft hum.

"I like it." A sweet voice spoke up from behind. You and Woody turned to see Bo standing there.

"Oh, Bo!" You smiled.

"(Y/N), honey!" She gasped, her hand coming up to her mouth. "What happened to you? Are you alright?" She came over and gently placed her hand over the chip that Pete had left on your cheek. However, her eyes were focused on you for the most part.

"Heh, yeah. I'm fine." You forced your smile. No, you weren't fine. It was bad enough you already had a fairly large chip on your cheek from long ago. Now you have another one on your other cheek, now looking even more broken than before. And the way people kept reacting about it made you feel even more self-conscious. "Just got into a little trouble is all."

"Well, I'm just glad you're alright." She smiled before starting to talk with Woody.

While the two were distracted, you shuffled away quietly. You didn't want to get between the two of them, things now much more awkward with the way Woody acted with you after reaching you at the airport and the fact that Bo knew nothing about it. That, and you weren't ready to face him yet. You didn't want to talk about your cheek, and you weren't sure if you were ready to apologize for what you said in Al's apartment.

You went over to Andy's bed, climbing up to see Jessie and Buzz interacting. Peeking over the side of the bed, you observed the two and watched as Buzz struggled to give her a compliment. "Uh, m-ma'am, I, uh, um... Well, I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful yarnful of hair."