Arena Battle

11/6/19

"What in the world is wrong with these guys!?" You hissed in dismay after the dinosaurs locked you up in an ancient cell with Woody and Buzz. "Like, if they didn't like us that much, then why bother locking us up when we were just about to leave anyway!?"

"Calm down there, partner." Woody said quietly, placing his hand on your shoulder. "They do seem a little crazy, but we'll be fine."

As you continued to rant while the cowboy patiently listened, Buzz was inspecting the cell. He went towards the gate at one point and gave it both a small tug and a push. "Uh, guys?"

"Hang on, Buzz." You said. "I'm almost done ranting." Words immediately stopped flowing from your mouth as you looked over at the Space Ranger, seeing him holding the cell door wide open as he gave a cocky smile. "Oh, I see...."

The three of you slowly began to sneak around the area, trying to avoid the endless number of wandering Battlesaurs figurines. Things were going quite well with the simple escape plan. A little too well in your opinion for how alert the toys always seemed to be. But of course, you mentally scolded yourself for daring to think that because you ended up jinxing everything.

Some of the figures eventually noticed, and a chase ensued. Since there were so freaking many of them and they were all ridiculously fast, they caught up with the three of you rather quickly. They were about to take you back to the faulty cells, but an alarm sounded that yelled, "Time for battle!" Only then did everyone realize how serious these toys were about being dinosaur warriors.

The armored dinos smirked with vicious snarls of cheer as they forced you all towards a giant stadium full of cheering, bombastic attendees. You watched in horror as a small toy was flung out, sent flying high into the sky. The reptiles forced you into the stadium, where you saw Trixie and Reptillus besides each other, both cloaked in armor.

"Trixie?" The three of you called in unison. Woody further began to warn her in a distressed and furious manner, "Trixie, the Battlesaurs are not playing. They've never been played with. They don't even know they're toys!"

"Incredible, isn't it?" Buzz asked suspiciously. You would've laughed had you not been so terrified of the hand signal the Celtic had just given Reptillus. He ran towards you guys, his mace gripped tightly in hand as he went to swing at you guys.

"You got a crayon?" You asked Woody, giving him a perplexed look as you saw him holding up a red crayon defensively. He used it to block Reptillus's blow, and you weren't surprised that the delicate utensil broke upon impact. Everyone froze in fear as Woody held the broken crayon in his hand. Buzz blankly grabbed the severed half from the cowboy and lightly chucked it at Reptillus.

It simply bounced off his armor, and the red dinosaur narrowed his glare. You and Woody remainder frozen in shock while Buzz quickly flipped up his helmet. He roared as he charged for you guys with his mace, going after Woody first as the three of you split up. You had never seen Woody so flexible and agile before. It was a sight to behold, but you couldn't really focus on it much because when Reptillus gave his final swipe, Woody ended up curling himself up into a ball as he tightly clung to the top of the mace.

He gave the dinosaur a nervous smile as well as a faint laugh. Reptillus tried to shake him off, but when Woody didn't budge, he slammed the cowboy into the ground and raised his mace, prospering to strike. Luckily, Buzz diverted his attention and the two had their share of the battle. You weren't surprised about your friend's speed and quick reflexes. He was a Space Ranger after all.

He eventually forced Reptillus, sending him flying onto Woody. The dino grabbed the cowboy and threw him at Buzz. When he landed on the space helmet, the Space Ranger quickly flung it back so that Woody was now somewhat safely behind him. As Reptillus went to charge once more, Woody quickly turned Buzz and popped out his wings, which roughly slammed right into the Battlesaurs's chest.

The dinosaur was stunned for a second before his glare turned sour and he let out a furious growl. He began to rapidly spin his mace around like a fan, slowly approaching Woody and Buzz as they scooted closer and closer to the edge of the arena where the small piranha-like dinosaurs waited for their feast. However, before anything could happen, you leaped into the fray to save your friends. Your parasol held tightly in hand, you blocked Reptillus's mace with it.

As the Battlesaur began to focus on you, you easily blocked his quick attacks with your parasol. You never realized how much you missed the thrill of battle until now. It had given you such a unique passion back when Sora was still around, and you couldn't believe the feeling had finally been given a chance to come back. It felt nice to gracefully spin around and attack with your accessory once more. However, the physical magic was gone, so you didn't have any special team attacks or anything under your belt this time.

However, you didn't expect it when the Battlesaur directly grabbed your parasol. You heard Buzz and Woody cry out in alarm as they watched hm rip it from your grasp and throw it to the ground. "Back off, you!" A shrill voice yelled, and you watched as Trixie skidded to a halt between you and Reptillus just as he raised his mace.

"What?" The red dino asked in shock.

"You bully!" The blue triceratops rammed into his frontside, sending him flying backwards across the arena floor.

The old Celtic growled in fury. "Curse! Release the Goliathon!" He cackled as a large beast of a Battlesaur came rolling into the stadium. He leaped forwards and flung Buzz and Woody into the air, catching them in its mouth as it swallowed them whole. It then looked towards you as you picked up your parasol. As it went to eat you, however, the Celtic ordered him to stop. Apparently, he had a special plan in mind for you, so you were simply going to be forced to walk at spear point by one of the armed guards.

"Cough up my friends, you, you...." Trixie growled. When she rammed the toy and was knocked back by the impact, everyone gasped when they saw Bonnie's name scrawled onto her foot. 

"As I suspected." The Celtic roared. "She bears the mark of obedience."

"What? This?" Trixie looked at her marked foot.

Reptillus sent her a disheartened gaze. "I thought I knew you."

"I was thinking the same thing." She replied quietly in anger.

"She is an enemy to the tribe." The Celtic howled. "Ray-Gon. The Supplicator." As he was handed a large controller from a tiny dinosaur with glasses, you watched in horror as he began to control Rex by his new armored arms and the mechanics around his legs.

"Rex, have you completely lost it?" Trixie asked n bewilderment as he was forced to march towards her.

"I'm sorry. I can't control myself." He panicked.

"There is no escape, Trixie of the Bonn-ee tribe." The Celtic cackled.

"Run, Trixie!" You heard Buzz yell from inside the rotund monster dino.

"Get Bonnie!" Woody's voice was heard right after as she made her way past Rex and out of the stadium completely. This was getting to be very bad. If Trixie didn't manage to come back with Bonnie and soon, you had a feeling that you and your friends might not escape these crazy Battlesaurs.