Many Years Later

10/29/19

You could barely hear the hushed whispers of your friends across the room. They were all being kept in the darkness of Andy's old toy chest. Meanwhile, you were left on the top of his messy dresser. You were absolutely covered in dust, most of it collected on the top of your head and the tip of your nose.

A disheartened frown came to your face as you saw Sarge and his army men march into the room, lugging a large sock behind them. Woody peeked open the toy chest. "Sarge, you got it?"

"Mission accomplished." The army man saluted. You could hear the joyous cheers of your friends since the toy chest was still being held open by Woody. Sarge and his men lifted the sock up to the cowboy, who pulled it into the chest.

A frustrated sigh escaped your lips. "This isn't going to work...." You frowned.

Moments passed, but you soon heard the ringing of Andy's cellphone coming from within the toy chest. All part of the plan, the one you knew would go to bust. Andy, now a full-grown adult, entered his room and searched for his phone. He quickly found it in the toy chest, more specifically in the hands of Rex.

"Hello? Hello?" Andy asked into the phone. "Anyone there?" No response, of course. He groaned, "Molly, stay out of my room!"

"I wasn't in your room." She called from across the hall.

"Then who was messing with my stuff?"

"It wasn't me." By that point, Andy had already left the room. You slumped, ruining your posture in defeat as your friends sulked out of the toy chest.

"Who we kiddin'?" Potato Head said aloud. "The kid's 17 years old?"

"We ain't ever gettin' played with." Slinky frowned.

"Guys, hey, hold up." Woody spoke up sadly. "We need a staff meeting. Everyone! A staff meeting!"

"Not again!" Hamm groaned.

"Oh, come on. Slink, gather everyone up."

Slink looked around at the few toys of Andy's that remained. The number was astonishing, with no more than fifteen toys remaining. "Uh, we are gathered, Woody." The dog told the Sheriff.

"Okay. First off, we all knew Operation Playtime was a long shot." The cowboy began.

"More like a misfire." You mumbled, still atop the dresser.

"But we always said this job isn't about getting played with. It's about-"

"Being there for Andy. We know." Jessie finished in a saddened huff.

"But we can try again! Right?" Rex asked quietly, trying to sound hopeful.

The cowboy sent the dinosaur a pained glance before sighing. "I'm callin' it, guys. We're closing up shop."

"What?!" Everyone exclaimed in shock, aside from you.

"Andy's going to college any day now. That was our last shot."

"We're going into attic mode, folks." Buzz stepped up. "Keep your accessories with you at all times. Spare parts, batteries, anything you need for an orderly transition."

"Orderly? Don't you get it? We're done! Finished! Over the hill!" Potato Head panicked.

"Hey, hey, hey, now. Come on, guys." Woody pleaded, trying to keep the toys calm. "We all knew this day was coming."

"Yeah, but now it's here." Hamm frowned.

"Look, every toy goes through this." The cowboy reasoned softly. "No one wants to see-"

✔️Broken Glass : Woody x ReaderOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara