Cowboy Camp

7/14/19

"Oh, no! No! No, no, no, no, no!" Rex wailed, throwing his arms into the air.

"Oh! You almost had it." Buzz smiled, releasing a breath.

"I'm never gonna defeat Zurg!" The green T-Rex began to go into hysteria, the thought of never being able to complete the game too unbearable.

"Sure you will, Rex." Buzz told the dinosaur with confidence. "In fact, you're a better Buzz than I am."

"But look at my little arms! I can't press the fire button and jump at the same time!"

"You two done yet?" You asked with a straight face from down on the floor. "Woody still can't find his hat! Hurry up and help us!"

"Yes, ma'am!" Buzz saluted you as he jumped to the floor, beginning to search around the room.

You were trying to keep calm, but you couldn't help but panic. Not to mention the fact that Woody's panicking was partially influencing your own. Andy was going to head off to Cowboy Camp any minute now and he was dying to take Woody with him. If the hat wasn't found soon, who knows how Andy might react!

"(Y/N), come on!" Slinky called.

"What's up?" You asked as you jogged over.

"Help me find Woody's hat. I think I got a pretty good idea of where it could be." He smiled when you nodded in agreement, carefully sneaking out the door with the little slinky dog.

Meanwhile, Woody continued to frantically search Andy's bedroom. "Woody, are you alright?" Buzz asked, seeing how distressed his friend was.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine, Buzz." The cowboy lied before directing his full attention to the Space Ranger. "Okay, here's your list of things to do while I'm gone. Batteries need to be changed. Toys at the bottom of the chest need to be rotated. Oh, and make sure everyone attends Mr Spell's seminar on what to do if you or part of you is swallowed." The list just seemed to go on and on forever until the cowboy finally finished with, "One last thing. Make sure you're there for (Y/N) while I'm gone. You know she's been through a lot even though she is never very specific, but try to be available. Okay? Okay. Good, okay."

"Woody, you haven't found your hat yet, have you?" Buzz asked with slight amusement. He already knew the answer, he just wanted to see his reaction to see if the Sheriff's current state of mind was behind the long to-do list he just gave.

"No! And Andy's leaving for Cowboy Camp any minute, and I can't find it anywhere!" Woody yelled frantically.

"Don't worry, Woody." Buzz wrapped an arm around Woody, trying to calm the distressed cowboy. "In just a few hours you'll be sitting around a campfire with Andy making delicious hot sch'moes."

"They're called s'mores, Buzz." The cowboy deadpanned.

"Right. Right. Of course." The space toy replied, not caring whether his pronunciation had been correct or incorrect. "Has anyone found Woody's hat yet?"

A series of many different versions of 'no' were said in response, in which the toys couldn't find the hat in the specific places or rooms they checked. The lawn gnome next door even told Hamm there wasn't any sight of Woody's hat.

"Oh, great. That's just great. This'll be the first year I miss cowboy camp, all because of my stupid hat!" Woody fumed.

"Woody, look under your boot." Bo said softly as she approached him.

"Don't be silly. My hat is not under my boot." He groaned.

"Would you just look?"

"You see? No hat." Woody answered her, lifting up his boot. "Just the word 'Andy.'"