Airport Fiasco

10/19/19

The first rescue plan quickly went to bust, probably because there had been so much randomness going on at once. The new Buzz, the one with the blue belt, had been fighting with a Zurg figure that had somehow made its way into the elevator shaft. Rex was panicking about it the entire time.

Meanwhile, the real Buzz and Slinky had continued to go through with the real plan. They almost had it, almost had Woody back in their grasp, but the Prospector swiftly pulled him back into the suitcase that Slinky had quickly unlatched. And as Al walked away, Woody went with him.

In the end, you all burst through the closing doors in the nick of time. "How are we gonna get him now?" You frowned, seeing Al recklessly speed away in his car right before your eyes.

"Pizza, anyone?" Potato Head asked in a clever tone.

You all turned to see a Pizza Planet truck parked on the curb. You and Buzz shared a joking look, allowing yourselves to remember the first incident before the move for a split second. "Go, go, go!" You and the Space Ranger declared in unison.

"Does anyone know how to drive?" Rex asked curiously as everyone hustled into the truck.

"Slink, take the pedals." Buzz ordered, moving some pizzas onto the driver's seat to help boost him up as he took his place at the wheel. "(Y/N), you help me with the wheel. Rex, you navigate. Hamm and Potato, operate the levers and knobs."

You climbed on top of the pizza stack and stood next to Buzz, looking up when you heard a familiar, annoying collection of voices overhead. "Strangers! From the outside!"

Buzz groaned, obviously having the same distaste for the little green alines as you did.

"He's at a red light!" Rex exclaimed, bring you and Buzz back into the moment.

"We can catch him!" You cheered. "Let's go!"

Slinky pressed on the pedal, and the wheels began to rapidly spin as the truck roared. However, it remained motionless, stuck on the sidewalk. "Why won't it go?" Buzz growled.

"Use the Wand of Power." The aliens instructed. Potato Head and Hamm pulled the lever, causing the truck to burn some rubber before it rocketed into the busy street. It was time to think fast, to be on your feet.

"Rex, which way?" Buzz asked.

"Left! No, no! I mean right!" Rex continued to babble out of nervousness. You and Buzz, however, listened to every single word he said no matter how many times he repeated and contradicted himself. "That's right! No, I mean left! Left is right!"

You sighed in frustration. "Rex, calm down and relax! Deep breaths!"

"Guys, he's turning left! He's turning left!" The dinosaur said after taking a second to heed your advice. You and Buzz quickly began to spin the wheel together, causing the truck to take a ridiculously sharp turn. Your friends nearly fell off the seats and Potato Head has to stop the alien es from flying out the window when they became detached.

Almost as soon as that turn was finished, Rex called out new direction. Again, like every time before, he waited almost until the last minute to alert you and Buzz. "Go right! To the right! Right, right, right, right!"

The entire drive there was bumpy, crazy, and very reckless. You couldn't believe your eyes when you and your friends actually made it to the airport in one piece. Parking in the white zone right by the curb, you rushed to the window alongside the other toys. "There he is!" Buzz said, pointing at Al who was inside.

"How do we get in without being seen?" You asked. "There's too many people to just sneak in there."

Everyone took a moment of careful though before Hamm pointed out the empty animal carriers near the main doors. Sneaking out of the truck, you all made your way to the carrier and scrambled inside. Buzz stood at the very front, dragging the carrier along the ground by proceeding to walk after he put his legs through an opening at the bottom.