The Final Stretch

7/11/19

So overwhelmed with fear and distress, your body quickly shut down on you as you slept throughout the night. You hadn't really rested for a good two or three days now anyway, so you were in dire need of a break anyway. But your relaxed peace was short lived when a loud crash woke you up.

You saw the source was the blue crate and the toolbox, both of which had been knocked clean off the desk. Woody pushed the toolbox off of him on the ground while Buzz dusted his hands off from up on the desk. You smiled to yourself, seeing Buzz being kind yet again.

"Woody, are you alright?" Buzz whispered.

"No, I'm fine! I'm okay!" Woody replied in a small daze.

Suddenly, the alarm clock went off and the toys had to freeze in their spots as Sid woke up. "Oh, yeah! Time for liftoff! Whoo!" He cheered as he picked up Buzz and dashed out of the room, leaving his door slightly cracked."To infinity and beyond! Whoo-hoo!"

You and Woody began after Sid, but Scud saw you two just before you left the room. He came over and growled as he tried to force his way through the door, but Woody was just able to push him away and shut the door in the dog's face.

"Woody." You whispered, nudging his arm as you looked behind you. He followed your gaze, seeing the mutant toys half emerged from their hiding spots.

"Guys!" He beamed with a smile, but the mutant toys were scared and scurried back out of sight.

"No, no, no, no, wait! Wait. Listen. Please!" You pleaded gently.

"There's a good toy down there and he's.... He's gonna be blown to bits in a few minutes, all because of me." Woody continued, feeling a need to fully explain himself. "We gotta save him. But I need your help! Please. He's my friend. He's the only other one I've got."

You looked at him and he met your gaze, seeing your awestruck eyes and small smile. "Aw, did you finally make up with Buzz?"

He chuckled and tipped his hat to you with a shy smirk, replying, "And all I had to do was talk to him. Y'know, really talk to him."

You smiled sweetly, recognizing those words as your very own from when you spoke to him those few nights ago. He returned the smile. The mutant toys saw how kindly the two of you interacted and slowly came back out of hiding. They rounded themselves up around you two.

"Thank you." Woody said to them. "Okay, I think I know what to do. We're going to have to break a few rules, but if it works it'll help everybody."

"Then let's do this." You cheered.

Woody carefully walked all of the toys through the plan, carefully formulating it as he spoke. When he finished, the plan really wasn't too shabby. It had to work, it just had to. "(Y/N)." He began. "Remember, when you get outside, hide. I want you to stay safe, right?"

"Got it, Sheriff!" You saluted to him.

"Alright. Places, everyone!" Ducky and Legs heads into the vent while the rest of you stayed by Sid's door, waiting for the signal. When the doorbell sounded a few minutes later, Woody yelled, "Now!" The windup frog was sent whizzing out the door, easily distracting Scud and allowing everyone to rocket down the stairs on Sid's skateboard and out the dog door into the backyard.

The toys scrambled to get themselves ready while you stayed in the tall grass. While Sid was preparing everything to light the rocket, he saw Woody in his place on the ground. The kid tossed him onto the grill before continued with his rocket scheme. He approached Buzz with a lit match and was just about to light the rocket when Woody's voice box was heard. "Reach for the sky!"