"but ma'am please listen, it's the best for him." jimin pleaded, almost losing hope in convincing jeongguk's mother. the blonde decided to show up at her door to hand the reports he collected from jeongguk's previous check up and the result was not something favourable both of them wanted to hear.

it stated that, a bundle of nerves had been tangled right beneath his vocal cords which restrained him from speaking. one way to untangle them was through surgical methods, which jimin highly doubted would be successful because one wrong move could take him to his death bed and he didn't want witness the younger go through the pain.

the other way was through treatment. although it would take months and years to recover, it was the most easiest, simple and harmless method. upon narrating these options to mrs. jeon, what jimin had dreaded to hear happened to leave her mouth. she wanted her son to take the operation and wanted him to recover soon, the nurse tried telling the disadvantages and the unfavourable outcomes just as stated before, one wrong move would ruin his future but she was adamant.

"please, my son's happiness is all that matters."

her pleas made it worser and jimin excused himself, asking her to give him a moment to think about it because after all he was in no position to even give an explanation, he was merely a nurse, working under his doctor; namjoon.

with a devastated look on his face, jimin opened the door to see his fluffball of happiness standing with a backpack hung loosely over one shoulder, jeongguk stared ever so innocently at him in confusion. his heart immediately melted at the sight as an ecstatic smile automatically took over his lips.

'you...here?' jeongguk signed at him, giving a wary look at his mother who had a sad smile on her lips. he immediately caught something was wrong with the look she gave him and the lack of her energetic presence made him fret.

"came here to see you." jimin had his eyes only him, sculpting every single features of his beautiful face inside his brain. his eyes painfully landed on the fading bruises and bandages, making his body engulf itself in wrath upon reminiscing yesterday's events. he enquired about his filthy teacher yesterday and came to know that he had been abusing him eversince the start. he bursted out and asked why jeongguk hadn't informed him or his mother or anyone around him. he was only replied with his cries and he couldn't stand watching him break apart and so hugged him to sleep, sweetly apologising for being loud.

the arduous task for now was hiding those bruises from his mother, he still  remembered the worried look thrown at him early in the morning.

'me? what?'

"don't you remember? i'm taking you out."

࿇ ══━━━━✥◈✥━━━━══ ࿇

jeongguk couldn't believe his very own eyes. enthusiastic cheers from the crowd were heard and kids and families merrily skipped over places as jimin parked the car with a knowing smile. he knew jeongguk would love this place and wasted no time in dragging him inside. he watched how the younger immediately perked up and gawked at the huge ferris wheel.

"c'mon!"

they both bought the tickets for almost every ride since jimin suggested for more adrenal pumping rides whereas jeongguk cried for the slow, merry ones. upon looking at the puppy eyes, jimin downright gave in. (whipped culture y'all)

the younger seemed to have so much fun and jimin found himself turning more gay. it was too late to even to realize, he was head over heels for him but what bothered him most was if jeongguk felt the same. he imagined himself how broke he would feel without having him by his side.