Chapter 24

Today we were leaving the lake house and I was saying goodbye to Ashton. Ashton and I were good friends now and he told me we would stay in touch and he wants me to tell him all about London if I came back next year. I gave Ashton one more hug and I got into mum and dad’s car waving to Ashton before we disappeared I was going to miss him heaps but I was hoping I would return next year and we can be friends again like we were last summer and towards the end of this summer and not kissing all the time.

- - -

It was a long ride home but I was happy to be home but also sad because I didn’t know what Luke and I were at the moment and there was only a week left until summer was over and I was leaving for London. Michael was a sleep on the couch with food around him so I put the mum voice on.

“Michael Gordon Clifford”! Michael fell off the couch and looked up

“Jodee damn you”

“I couldn’t help myself”

“It’s fine” Michael got up and said “Have you spoken to Luke lately”?

“No I don’t know if I should his probably still mad at me and it’s all my fault”

“Do you need a hug”? Michael asked, I shook my head

“I rather go unpack and watch sad romantic movies by myself and not having anyone bother me” I grabbed my stuff walking upstairs and unpacking my suitcase soon putting on a movie and cuddling up to a pillow. I saw a picture on the side of Luke and I on Halloween. I ended up being mad hatter and him and Calum were Mario and Lugi, that was Luke and I’s plan but Calum felt left out so I decided to be mad hatter. I put the picture down watching my movie but then I had an idea I stopped the movie and grabbed the photo walking to my wardrobe looking for something.

 - - -

Luke’s P.O.V

The summer was coming to an end and I was getting paid with my summer job that I got after coming home. I haven’t spoken to Jodee because I don’t know if were friends still and I miss her heaps. I got a job at the ice cream shop down the road sounds lame but they pay good money. I noticed bright red hair walking into the store and knew straight away it was Michael. I looked up at him smiling

“Hey Michael”

“Dude we need to talk you got a minute”

“Yeah, I don’t have any customers”

“Look as you know Jodee is leaving for London soon and were throwing her a party and it would mean the world to her if her best friend came and said goodbye, she just wants to see you before she goes”

‘I don’t know we haven’t talked in weeks”

“Luke she misses you so much she was heartbroken when she left, but look she wanted me to give this to you because she couldn’t face you” Michael handed me a scrapbook and on it had best friends and a card that came with it. “Just think about it, look I better get going to help out with the party it’s tomorrow night so just think about it”

“Thanks Michael” Michael left leaving me with the scrapbook in my hands, no one was around and no customers were coming. I opened the card and read it.

Dear Luke

I’m sorry what’s been happening the past weeks but truth was, I couldn’t tell you I was falling for you because I was thinking of our friendship like what happens if we dated and we broke up that means our friendship would be down the drain I couldn’t see my life without you Luke but this summer its made me realise how much I do like you more than a friend. I just want to you see you once before I leave because if I don’t then I’ll know you hate me and don’t want to be friends I’ll understand.

Love Jodee xo

I opened the scrapbook and they were all photos of Jodee and I’s friendship. I knew what I needed to do and that was to fix things with my best friend and I knew exactly what to do.

- - -

I know it's short and I'm sorry but just to let you know last night I finshed writing this story and I really hope you guys enjoy the ending because I like it a alot :)