Chapter 23

Jodee’s P.O.V

“You’re moving to London”? Luke said with pain in his eyes

“Luke, I can explain”

“Then explain” he said in a temper.

“I applied for London months ago not thinking I would get accepted but I did and I couldn’t tell you because it would hurt you”

“Who else knows”? he asked crossing his arms

“Calum, Mia and Michael”

“Even Calum knows and his your second best friend” Luke said standing up

“I’m sorry Luke I just didn’t know how to tell you”

“Doesn’t matter anyway because I’m leaving tomorrow with Michael and Mia” I couldn’t believe he just said that

“What do you mean your leaving”?

“It means you can spend the rest of your time here with Ashton and make out with him more having that summer fling you’ve always wanted and don’t have to worry about me being your fake boyfriend”

“Luke, what’s gotten into you”! I started yelling back

“I swear your blind Jodee, ever since being in this relationship I’ve fallen for you more than I did before”

“You…You what”? I said quieter, Luke rolled his eyes shaking his head.

“Jodee I’ve been falling for you ever since I was little and I’ve kept it to myself all these years because I knew it would ruin our friendship and when I finally got to kiss you last night it was magical and one of the best kisses I’ve ever had and I know you feel the same way” Luke said coming closer making me hit the wall behind me. But I shook my head looking up at him

“I don’t Luke” I lied

“Bullshit I know when you’re lying Jodee”

“Well I’m telling the truth Luke, I don’t like you in that way” I lied again

“Really, well maybe this will answer my question” Luke leaned in and crashed his lips into mine, I found myself kissing back wrapping my arms around his neck. It was a passionate kiss but Luke pulled away backing away. “That answers it” I shook my head at Luke running out the door downstairs running to the one person I wanted to talk too. Ashton.

 - - -

I knocked on Ashton shack waiting for him to open the door and he did seconds later.

“Jodee” I didn’t even say hi all I did was smash my lips into his pushing him back into the room shutting the door behind me and kissed him even more. Ashton pulled away and said

“God I’ve missed you”

“I’ve missed you too” I said kissing him again to get my mind off Luke.  Ashton sat me on the sofa and kissed down to my neck I knew I wanted this but my heart was telling me no because Ashton wasn’t the guy and I couldn’t do this to him.

“Ashton, stop” I said pushing him away, I saw guilt in his eyes

“I’m sorry” he said

“Its fine you shouldn’t be the one saying sorry what I’ve been doing is wrong” I jumped down from the sofa and Ashton said

“It’s Luke isn’t it”? I nodded my head looking up at Ashton

“We got into a fight but it’s not what you think it’s about”?

“What do you mean”? he asked

“Ashton please don’t hate me for saying this or what I’ve done”

“Hey, hey I’m not going to hate you Jodee alright I promise” I took a deep breath and said

“Luke and I are best friends and best friends only we’ve been in a fake relationship just so I could win a bet”

“So I’m guessing you guys kissed and now you think you like Luke” I nodded my head “Jodee, it’s kind of a relief that it was fake relationship especially since we were sneaking around but I’m not mad at you I mean if I wanted to win a bet I would try to get my best friend to be my girlfriend”

“Thank you for understanding Ashton”

“You know Luke is a lucky guy the way he looks at you made me jealous because you two have something special and everyone seems to see it beside you two, but I think instead of you spending your time here you should be with Luke and tell him how you feel” I gave Ashton a quick hug telling him thank you he hugged back and I walked out the door running to the lake house.

 - - -

When I arrived at the lake house I kept shouting Luke’s name and I also couldn’t find Mia or Michael, mum came around the corner and said

“Jodee” I looked at her and said

“Where’s Luke”?

“Luke left with Mia and Michael; they were going to leave tomorrow but decided to leave 5 minutes ago”

“No” I didn't want to believe mum thinking Michael's car is still there and this was a joke to get back at me but when I ran outside Michael’s car wasn’t there, I can’t believe Luke was gone and our friendship was probably over. I sat kneeled down on the ground crying to myself with mum helping me up taking me inside to make me some tea and I basically explained everything to her but she wasn’t mad she was disappointed that we weren’t actually together but luckily she wasn’t mad.

After my talk with mum, I walked upstairs to an empty room but I did notice a present on Luke’s bed. I sat down looking at the present it felt like a book and I soon opened it and I knew what it was. Luke’s song book but first there was a postage note on it.

This is for you – Luke x

I opened the book and saw all these songs that all said for Jodee that made me smile some songs were about his life and family but most songs were about me. One song was called Little Things that made me tear up and also All Of Me, these songs were perfect and I missed my best friend so much. I needed him here so I could tell him my true feelings but I was too late he was gone.

- - -

DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA

Ashton knows now but isn't mad at her

Luke's gone

Jodee finally gets to see Luke's song book (it's not drama but it's cute)

I don't know when I'll be updating next because I've got a party tomrrow night but I will try to update before I go btw there's only two chapters left oh and of course an epilogue but this time with two parts because I felt like it :)

Thanks for the votes and comments your amazing :D