Chapter 13

Once we got back to the lake house I ran up to my room, slamming the door behind me before anyone could stop me.

“Well someone’s in a rush”  I jumped at the sound of Luke’s voice who was playing his guitar “And your also jumpy and something happened embrace me” Luke said holding his arms out, I took my shoes off and jumped on Luke’s bed embracing his hug “Tell your best friends what’s up”

“I kissed him” I said

“Wow, wow kissed who”?

“I kissed Ashton and now I feel bad”

“Why do you feel bad were in a fake relationship Jodee”?

“I don’t know why because maybe because I feel like cheater now”

“Well don’t I remember you telling me about Ashton last summer and of course if something happened like that you two would kiss this summer its basically un finished business but in this case un finished romance you can kiss him Jodee”

“But what if someone sees us kissing especially Sarah”

“Then just don’t get caught kiss where no one can see you”

“Geez you are such a good boyfriend”

“I’d do anything to make my best friend smile” Luke told me, I turned around giving him a big hug and kissed him on the cheek

“You’re the bestest friend ever”

“So I’ve been told before” he said with a smirk, there was a knock on the door and Aunty May walked in

“Hey you two love birds”

“Hey Aunt May what’s up”?

“Family’s going to watch a movie, going to join”?

“What movie”?

“Maleficent” I looked at Luke and said

“Wanna watch it”

“Sure” Luke and I got up grabbing a blanket and walked down the stairs walking to the family room, mum walked in and said

“So I figured that no one is going to fit on that couch so I finally went to the shop an hour away and got us bean bags” I quickly ran to grab a bean bag and sat it down near the TV and Luke sat on it first with me beside him. He put the blanket on us and I snuggled up to him while he put his arm around me.

“Gosh I love seeing you two together” Grandma said taking a seat near us and grabbing the popcorn. Sarah was the lonely on the bean bag while Michael and Mia were spending the night away from the family.

“Before we start watching this movie for the couple over there no making out allowed got it” My cousin Shaun said

“Calm your tits Shaun they haven’t ever had their first kiss together yet so I don’t think they will” Sarah said

“Aw someone’s jealous” I said, she rolled her eyes at me and lay back on the bean bag.

“Leave them two alone Sarah they are just taking things slow that’s what I was like with Grandpa” Grandma smiled at me and mouthed thank you this is why I loved Grandma she loved me more than Sarah.

Maleficent was one of the best movies I’ve seen all year just showing the villains side of the story, Sarah seemed to fall asleep on the bean bag so I took the chance to draw on her which made the family laugh. When the parents decided to go to bed Luke got Nightmare on Elm Street out and shook my head.

“I swear to god if you put that on”

“Come on you can cuddle up to me like you do in every horror movie”

“Fine put it on” Luke put it on and sat next to me again and half way through the movie I regretted putting it on because I was scared. I was hiding under the blanket cuddling up to Luke

“Can we turn it off now”?

“Nope it’s almost over anyway”

“Really” I said looking at Luke

“Nope”

“Gosh I hate you sometimes”

“No you don’t” Luke started tickling me making me laugh so much

“Luke stop please” I was lying on the floor and Luke was sitting on me tickling me to death “Luke” Luke leaned in and said

“Say Luke is the bestest friend in the world”

“Never”

“I’m not letting you go then”

“Fine” I started tickling Luke making him get off me and now I was on top of Luke “I win” Luke smiled and we were soon staring at each other again, Luke put the piece of hair behind my ear. I coughed and said “We um well I better get to bed goodnight Luke” I got off him walking upstairs leaving Luke downstairs.