Chapter 16

Jodee’s P.O.V

I was sitting on the bean bag while Ashton was playing his guitar.

“You’ve got talent Irwin” Ashton looked up and me and said

“I also play the drums which I couldn’t bring but I like playing drums more” Ashton put his guitar to the side walking over to me smiling. He hovered over me and said “Has anyone told you how gorgeous you are”?

“Many, many times” I didn’t want to lie because it was true because whenever I was down Luke would tell me how beautiful I looked that’s how good of a best friend he was. Ashton smiled and said

“Well I’m telling you right now, you are gorgeous Jodee” he leaned in giving me a kiss making my heart pound against my chest but I didn’t feel a spark again. Ashton pulled away intertwining our hands together. “Jodee I’m still worried about people finding out about us I mean Luke is a great guy and”

“Hey, Hey no one is going to find us alright we just have to be sneaky, but I have to get back so I’ll see you when your free” I pushed him off me and grabbed my shorts, shirt and shoes. Ashton got up wrapping his arms around my waist pulling me close.

“Promise?”

“I promise, now I gotta go” I gave him a quick kiss; I pulled away from him opening the door and walking back to the lake house. Ashton made my heart pound but I didn’t feel that spark when we kiss like my heart is going to burst out of my chest and the butterflies in my stomach and having a good feeling why didn’t I feel that with the guy I liked.

 - - -

When I ran upstairs into my room, I saw Luke playing on his guitar and with his song book in front of him, he looked up quickly hiding his songbook and by hiding I mean putting his song book under his pillow where he always puts it.

“And where have you been young lady”? Luke said smirking

“Making out with Ashton and it was so worth it, so what have you been doing all day”? I asked sitting down on his bed.

“I’ve been hanging out with the real couple in the house and other things”

“I saw your song book Luke, I know you’ve been working on a song sing it to me” Luke shook his head.

“This was a little bit too personal and it’s a bit messy at the moment and no you can’t read it” I rolled my eyes at Luke.

“You’re never going to let me touch that song book and I mean who knows it could contain a number one hit”

“I’m still not showing you or singing to you”

“Luke you have to sing to me someday I’m you’re bestie remember” Luke shook his head

“Nope not going to happen”

“Luke we’ve been best friends for years and you still won’t sing to me all you do is sing in your room when no is home”

“Maybe one day alright, I promise” There was a knock on the door and I turned my head seeing Grandma coming in.

“Sorry to disturb you two cuties but I made cookies so you better hurry before Michael eats them all” I got up quickly running downstairs into the kitchen seeing Michael coming in the back door, we basically had death stares and we both ran to the cookies fighting over them but in the end I won and gave Michael one cookie running back upstairs to share with Luke.

 - - -

Luke and I were sitting around the fire and Luke was playing his guitar, it was just the two of us no Michael and Mia and no Sarah she was having her beauty sleep.

“So you’re going to tell me about your day with Ashton”? Luke asked

“Well I went to his shack and we made out and then went for a swim and then went back to his shack and made out a little bit longer”

“Didn’t have sex did you”?

“Luke”!

“What”?

“No we didn’t and anyway Ashton wouldn’t be my first”

“Still can’t believe you had sex with Calum” I hated it when Luke told me I had sex with Calum, we were at a party and I had no idea what to expect and I had a little crush on Calum and we were making out and it was basically a black out when I was drunk and waking up to Calum the next morning and seeing as both naked, we both screamed like girls.

“Never speak of that again, we were drunk and at least we used a condom”

“Was he at least good”?

“Luke I’m not having this discussion with you” it was silent but I looked at him and said “But yeah he was good and anyway we need to get you laid” Luke shook his head at me

“Nope, I told you I’m waiting until marriage”

“Luke no don’t say that, guys at your age don’t say that shit”

“Well I’m different then guys I want my first time to be special” I looked at him shaking my head annoyed with my best friend.

“You have no idea how gay you just sounded, but I mean Luke you were basically the school’s heartthrob and yes you dated lots of girls but after Alisha you didn’t go out with anyone after that and I hate seeing you lonely”

“Maybe I like it and anyway being single isn’t that big of deal, you don’t have to worry things but you do get alone I must admit but other than that I’m fine being single”

“Fine suit yourself”  

- - -

LOL! Jodee's first time was with Calum thought it would be funny but anyway Luke's a virgin and is waiting to marragie or so he thinks ;)