Chapter 1

I don’t think I ever imagined fake dating my best friend ever, it started out being fake having no feelings towards each other but now look at us falling for each other well I don’t know about him but I know I’m falling for him. But let’s not skip ahead let’s start at the beginning shall we? Where everything was normal.

 - - -

“Luke, hurry up or else were going to be late” I said riding my bike to school with my best friend Luke behind me being slow as always. We were both late to school and it was our last day of school and I didn’t want to be late but Luke didn’t care really. I parked my bike and once I had it chained up Luke rode up to me getting off the bike and trying to breath.

“You really need to slow down”

“Sorry that you’re so slow now chain your bike up and let’s go” Luke quickly chained his bike up and I grabbed his hand running to the building. I’ve basically known Luke my whole life just minus five years because I met him when I was five years old, I met him at preschool and I stood up for him since he was getting picked on. When the years went by Luke and I stood side by side always there for each other but there was one problem when Luke and my brother Michael hated each other but now they are like best friends. I ran into class after saying goodbye to Luke and everyone just stared at me

“Sorry I’m late” I said to my teacher luckily he was nice.

“Its fine Miss Clifford luckily it’s your final day of school and your off the hook”

“Yep right” Today was the last day of year twelves and I was excited because I’m hoping I get accepted into my favourite college in London, but I haven’t told Luke that I applied because his not going to college and I don’t know how he will take it when he finds out his best friend is leaving him behind.  

 - - -

When it came to lunch I was sitting with Calum eating lunch, he kept telling me how after the summer break his going to Brazil to train with the best for a couple of months. Calum was the schools soccer player and one of the schools heartthrob, Calum was attractive there was no denying it.

“Hello people, how are we today”? Luke said taking a seat next to me

“Great, Calum was telling me how his leaving for Brazil”

“Brazil, but that’s on the other side of the world” Luke pouted doing a puppy dog face

“It’s only for a couple of months and I’ll be back”

“Better be well at least I’ve got Jodee” Luke said putting his arm around me, but he doesn’t know if I get accepted into this college I leave a week after summer break. I looked at Calum who knew about it but I gave him a look. “I gotta go get food so I’ll be back” Luke got up walking over to the canteen getting food and once he left Calum was basically on the edge of his seat.

“Why haven’t you told your best friend that you’re leaving for London?”

“Because I might not be going” I said back to him

“What do you mean might not; you told me you love that college and London”

“Calum I’m not sure if I’ll get accepted yet but once I do I will tell him”

“You could at least tell him you’ve applied”

“Cal, I’m just not going to tell him until I get accepted” Luke came back over with a meat pie.

“What are we talking about”?

“Calum’s telling me about the hot girls in Brazil”

“Oh please Calum can’t even get Chloe Woodley to go on a date with him so good luck with getting a Brazilian”

“Luke” I said shoving him “Say sorry” he looked up and said sorry to him, I want to tell Luke about me going to London but I know it will crush my best friend because if Luke left it would crush me as well.