Chapter 3

It was the middle of the first summer break; Luke and I were on the couch upside down being stupid like always. We were eating skittles, mum walked in seeing us two being stupid.

“Why won’t you guys go out and see a movie” I looked at Luke and he looked up at mum

“Nah”

“You kids have to do something than eating skittles and sitting upside down on the sofa talking about who knows what”

“We’ve got the whole summer break” I said sitting up looking at mum but mum shook her head

“Think again honey”

“What do you mean”?

“Every summer break we go to the lake house for the family reunion” my eyes widen and shook my head not wanting to go.

“I’ am not going this year I refuse to go”

“Come on Honey Aunty May will be so happy to see you”

“I like everyone else it’s just her” I said in a annoyed voice, mum knew who I was talking about my cousin Sarah. I’ve hated her since I was little she always tried to be better at me and the fact that I’m different from her. I told everyone I wanted to become a nurse or doctor but she told me it was lame and it’s better to become a model. Luke sat up next to me laughing at me

“Who’s her”?

“Only the most meanest bitch I’ve ever meet” Luke was confused and looked at mum

“Her cousin Sarah or as Jodee likes to call her she who shall not be named” he looked at me and I did a cheeky grin. I looked back at mum still upset I would have to go on this trip

“Do I have to go”?

“Yes and don’t try and plan anything you’re going and that’s final”

“Is Michael coming”?

“Yes and his bringing Mia”

“Why does Michael get to bring people”? I said pouting

“Because Mia is his girlfriend and if you’re dating someone you can bring them”

“Why can’t I bring Luke”?

“As much as I like Luke and his like a son to me but you’re not dating him and you know the family rule on the vacation trip”

“This is so unfair” I said lying upside down on the couch

“I’m sorry hun” mum walked off and Luke joined me sitting upside down, Luke was about to speak until my ringtone went off, I noticed that my stupid ass cousin was calling me.

“Speak of the devil” I decided to answer it hearing her dreaded voice “Hello Sarah”

“Jodee how’s my favourite cousin”? I rolled my eyes

“Cut the bullcrap what do want because you seem to have everything you want”

“I was wondering if you remember our little bet”

“Bet”?

“Yeah the one from last year if you don’t have a boyfriend by this family vacation you have to go skinny dipping in the cold lake at night but if you have a boyfriend then I have to go skinny dipping but I doubt that will happen so looks like you better ask whoever to be your boyfriend”

“Yeah whatever see you at the lake house”

“Later loser” I hung up and I felt like throwing my phone but Luke grabbed my arm and I looked straight at him.

“Don’t throw it you know what happened last time you threw it, now tell your best friend what’s wrong”? I sat up and so did Luke and I said

“My cousin Sarah made a bet with me last year saying if I don’t have a boyfriend by this summer break I have to go skinny dipping in the coldest lake at night and it sucks so badly and for once I just want her to suffer because she’s little miss perfect”

“Well maybe we should find you a boyfriend”

“I am not getting a boyfriend I’m just going to face it I mean it’s only Sarah and I who knew about that bet so I’ll call you and let you know how it went”

- - -

I didn't know how to end that chapter really but yeah hope your enjoying it so far :)