Chapter 2

Luke was at my house since our families our celebrating the last day of school ever and us both graduating. Luke and I were in my room listening to sleeping with sirens cover of Forget you which I liked. Luke was lying down on the floor with his head on my lap singing along to the song while I played with his hair spiking it up.

“Do you ever think of becoming a singer”? I asked Luke

“At times but I don’t think anyone would like me” Luke said, I stopped playing with his hair just staring at him.

“I would like you; I would be your biggest fan and be at the front row holding a sign up saying that’s my best friend”

“God I’m so glad you’re my best friend” Luke said smiling

“I’m glad you’re my best friend as well” Luke smiled and held up his pinkie

“Besties forever”? I rolled my eyes remembering when Luke always did this, it was basically our thing.

“And ever and ever” I smiled doing our pinkie promise. There was knock on the door and Luke’s mum Liz who I call mamma Liz for fun opened the door smiling at the both of us.

“Come on you two stop hiding and come hang out with your family”

“I don’t know I like being up here” Liz rolled her eyes and I got up looking at Liz

“We’ll be there in a minute” Liz nodded shutting the door and Luke held out his hands for me to pull him up.

“Luke no you’re bigger than me and heavy for me to pick up”

“Come on at least try I’ll make it easy” I rolled my eyes holding his hands making him get up which was easy but I almost fell back but Luke always making sure his friends don’t get hurt, wrapped his arms around my waist. I looked up at him smiling. I cleared my throat and Luke pulled away

“We better get downstairs” Luke said walking still looking at me, walking into the door making me laugh. He can be so clumsy sometimes.

 - - -

Luke and I were in our old tree house eating dinner looking at the adults in their own conversation; Michael was out with his girlfriend at the moment but said he would be back soon.

“So apparently your mum is talking about colleges for you” I said to Luke who was busy making out with his burger, Liz has been trying to get Luke in a good college so he can study music because we all know how much Luke loves music.

“That’s not going to happen I just don’t think college is the right thing for me”

“Luke it’s the best thing because you love music and that’s the only class you can take”?

“What if it’s on the other side of the world that means I leave my best friend behind?”

“I don’t care if you’re on the other side of the world or if I was on the other side of the world we will be best friends forever Luke and you know that” I told him sitting closer to him putting my arm around him.

“I just can’t imagine life without you that’s all; I mean we’ve known each other since pre-school” 

“Aw you’re so cute” I said mocking him and pinching his cheek like Grandma does to me when she tells me how grow up I am.

“Alright, alright stop it no more being emotional” I said grabbing his plate off him and grabbing us another plate of food to enjoy.

 - - -

I jumped down from the tree house grabbing more food with Luke behind me jumping down from the tree. I heard a car pulling up and knew it was Michael. Michael came out the back yard holding a present he looked around for me and made eye contact with me, he walked over to me giving me a hug.

“You finally made it” I told him

“Well Mia understood why we had to cut our date short”

“Well Mia could have come join us I don’t mind I like Mia”

“I know but it’s a family thing even though Luke’s family is here but still”

“Alright, so what did you get me”?

“Oh this isn’t for you this is for Luke” my smile faded but Michael laughed handing me the present “Only kidding I saw it in the shops and had to get it for you” I unwrapped the present seeing a scrap book and a Polaroid camera not the old ones but the new ones that most teenagers have no a days. I looked up at Michael smiling

“I love it thank you” I gave him another hug

“I figured since you might be going to London you can put your memories in there” I gave my brother a look

“Mikey shh please I don’t want everyone knowing that and I may not be going I still haven’t heard”

“Well I know my amazing little sister is going to get into that college and make us Clifford’s proud”

“Thanks Mikey” the rest of the night was filled with speeches from the family and them telling us how much we've grown. I'm just going to say it was a entertaing night to spend with my best friend.