When Maka Isn't Home

Soul surreptitiously stretched his fingers, smirking gleefully at his best friend. "You gotta admit I worked that." He gloated. Blackstar rolled his eyes and produced a trombone case (from where, Soul refrained to think about) and Soul started up the process of putting it together as Blackstar bounced into the kitchen. The weapon took his sweet time, humming to himself as he expertly slid things into place and glided towards the doorway. Blackstar yanked him into the room. Soul snapped him a dirty look and melted against the frame, guiding the instrument to his lips.

He began his work of art, watching Blackstar's look of determined concentration, eyes crinkling when he started dramatically slamming the oven door shut and headbanging to the beat. In his glorious star footie pajamas.

Soul was so very happy to hear about the new oven. His dreams would come true. He'd just needed to find someone who'd have been willing to slam the door shut repeatedly. He could find such simplicity in God, a blue haired monkey, battering his butthurt with brutal slaps of metal against metal. Tsubaki had almost thrown his beloved night clothes away, and they'd only escaped in his embrace as he ran from his apartment wearing only boxer briefs. A legend Soul would surely pass to his children...?

The end came unexpectedly quickly, melodramatically, with an eagle-like tip to Blackstar's chin. His gaze lowered to the window cutout in the wall and he paled. A short, decievingly delicate looking girl rested her elbows among the potted plants. "That was invigorating." She commented, eyes gleaming. "Really though, Blackstar... I could feel the anger. Wonderful performance." Her eyes slid to Soul's own, a mischevious curve to her little smile.

Needless to say, Blackstar left for his own apartment quite despondently ten minutes later. Maka was humming to herself. Soul could hear it just barely from his seat on the couch. He strained to listen as the words drifted to him.

"...Mmm, when Soul isn't home!"