Don't Look Now pt.2

When did he grow up?

She sighed, pretending that she was falling asleep, observing him through thin slits. He was looking off into space, chin resting on a calloused hand. He was working his lip as he stared. A light blush dusted her cheekbones and she quickly slid her eyes completely shut. 

This didn't help her at all. Now all she could see was that intense look that made her knees threaten to give out and turned her insides into jelly. It always swept past her, leaving a pleasant tingling sensation thrumming through her veins like crystal water and leaving a strangely bitter aftertaste in her mouth. Especially when that gaze had moved on to another girl, searing into them, like he knew it made her jealous. She pretended not to care, though she knew the disjointed steps across the floors betrayed that. Those and the short tone she used often with him. It was a daily occurence.

At least, it had been.

His eyes had started to move slower, looking at her, drinking her in, before flitting across other girls carelessly. His hands lingered on hers, and he reached to touch her hair absently during a lesson or while he was watching television. He spent more time in his room after a battle involving flying, or a battle where her skirt had been shredded - the shower would run cold those days, and she could hear it whistling along the pipes.

She felt lips press soft against her skin and her heart bumped erratically against her chest. She thrived on touches, grazes, glances. She drifted happily along with moments like this.

Are you the

Music whispering in my ear?

Insistent, needy thing

Forlorn eyes make it hard to say no

Yes, listen

To the devils carol

Can you see it?

Bright eyed child

With a closet full of secrets

And a tight lipped smile

Won't you dance with me?