[Chapter 19] Geniuses

"Do you have an update on Tzu?" Mina asked.

From the other end of the line, JYP sighed. "I'm sorry, but my private searchers nor the police you sent has no sight, not even a trace of Tzuyu."

Jihyo bit her lip and frowned. "Please, JYP-nim, tell them to search more."

"I will, Jihyo, don't worry." JYP promised. "I have to go, someone's calling from my other phone."

"Just..." Jihyo sighed. "Update us immediately if you have news."

They ended the call and sat back down on the sofa in Chief Lee's office. It has been two hours already and the time has been stressing them.

"Did they find Chewy already, unnies?" Chaeyoung asked.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun just woke up from their naps.

Mina sadly shook her head. "Not yet, Chae. But they're doing their best they can do to find her."

"I miss Chewy." Dahyun stated. "I miss sharing with her my chocolates."

"Don't worry, Dubu, Chaeng, you'll see Tzuyu soon." Momo said.

"What are we going to do once we see Tzuyu again? Where are we going to go?" Dahyun asked again.

"As JYP-nim instructed, we would be going to the building." Sana answered. "He said he will say something important."

"What's it like in the building? Did me and Chaeng and Tzu go there already?" Dahyun wondered.

Sana choked on the water she's been drinking. "Oh! U-uh, no, no, you've never been there... yet." She lied.

Chaeyoung frowned. "But I have this vision in my head of a building with a big JYP sign on top."

"Uh, maybe you've seen it in your dreams, Chaeyoung-ah, since we've been telling you stories about the building." Mina tried to explain while holding a mixture of nervousness and excitedness inside her.

"Oh?" The little cub scratched her nape.

Mina, Sana, and Momo nodded at her vigorously, trying to convince her.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun shrugged and turned away from the unnies, and into their small circle.

The J-Trinity exhaled.

"Hope they don't ask too much questions next time, you would have to think fast by then." Jihyo suddenly uttered from beside them.

Jeongyeon sighed. "It's normal for them to ask questions, though, since they know nothing about their past."

"Yeah." Sana agreed. "Sooner or later, they would ask details about their birthdays, about the things they've done, about..." she faltered.

Jihyo looked at her worriedly.

"... about their parents." Sana continued.

Mina's heart skipped a beat. "Oh, god, no, please."

"But if that time happens, what would we say?" Momo asked.

"That some of our managers saw them at an orphanage and adopted them? That would be the best explanation." Jeongyeon suggested.

Jihyo gulped and took a sad glance to the maknaes. "That's the best explanation, but it's really depressing. Wouldn't it be too sad for them to know that they're 'adopted' or something?"

"We know, Ji, but it really is going to be our best shot." Sana sighed defeatedly. "If only we could tell them the truth..."

"But they won't understand, anyways, so why tell them?" Momo squared her shoulders. "They're too little to understand."