Chapter 26 - girlfriend

Start from the beginning

"Nope." she shakes her head "I feel the same about Lane, I always have." She shrugs

"Good to know I'm not insane then, or we both are." I giggle.

"When's he going to put a label on it anyway?" She questions raising a brow

"D-Does he have to?" I ask confused. "I mean, we're kind of just together, aren't we?"

"What does he introduce you to people as?"

"Last week he introduced me to some girl at the gym as his friend?" I ask as if a question.

"You're not together then, dating maybe." She shrugs

"Oh." I bite down on my bottom lip feeling stupid.

Shay's right, Zayd and I aren't together. I suppose It was only in my mind that we were already together, but if you're with someone you don't introduce them as a friend to another female, you'd introduce them as your girlfriend. Maybe Zay and I will only ever be friends, friends with benefits I suppose.

Arriving home, I'm left with not a lot of time to get ready. I dump all of my bags on the bed and head into the bathroom to fix my hair and do my make-up.

Once I've finished, I strip off my dress and spray my Versace perfume all over my body, then head back into my bedroom. While shopping today Shay convinced me to buy a new dress for my date tonight, it's a little shorter than I'm used to but I'm sure Zay will like it.

I slip into my new red dress and give myself the once over in the mirror. It'll do.

"Hey beautiful." Zay smiles as pushes the bedroom door open and leans against the wall casually.

"Hi." I turn to face him.

"New dress?" He questions as he enters the room. "You look stunning."

"Thank-you, you look cute, as always." I compliment as I admire him for a moment.

"This is for you." He hands me a large box.

"What is it?"

"Open it and find out."

I sit the large box down on the bed and open it revealing my very own boxing gloves and mitts, and what's more they're pink. "No way." I smile as I lift them out of the box. "These are amazing."

"You like them? He grins. "You have no idea how long it took me to find pink." He admits with a laugh.

"Thank-you." I place them back down in the box and wrap my arms around his neck pressing a kiss to his lips. "I love them."

"Now you have your own you don't have to use the ones at the gym anymore." He kisses me back as he places his hands on my hips. "And you're welcome."

We arrive at the restaurant and are greeted by friendly wait staff. This restaurant is on the more expensive end of town, but Zay wanted to bring me here so I don't want to hurt his feelings by telling him it's too much.

My eyes scan the menu given to me by the waiter and once I've decided what I want, I move my eyes back to Zay. "What are you thinking?"

"You know me Princess, I'm always good with a steak"

"I think I'll have the pasta."

The waiter soon comes back with our drinks and takes our food orders. "I'll be back in no time." He smiles and leaves the table once more.

Buzzzz buzzzz buzzz Zay's phone buzzes on the table. He hits decline with an annoyed look on his face.

"So, what did Dad and Lane want with you this morning?" I ask bringing his attention back to me.

"They needed help with something, Cobra things." He shrugs

"Oh?" I ask raising a brow. "You know it's great they want to include you but Zay, don't ever feel like you have to join them or help them with anything."

"I know." He nods. "Nothing for you to worry your pretty little head about, we've got it under control."

Buzz buzz buzz

"For fuck sake" Zay sighs and rejects his incoming call once more.

"Your father again?"

"For a change." He rolls his eyes. "I should just turn it off."

"Or you could answer?" I smile softly

Buzzz buzzzz buzzzzz

"What?" He answers the phone with an attitude. "I'm trying to have dinner with my girlfriend, will you stop calling."

Girlfriend?

"I'll call you back later if you'll leave me the hell alone." He hangs up the phone.

"Sorry princess." He sighs.

I take his hand across the table. "No need to be sorry."

"Here we are." The waiter announces as he makes his way over with our food and places it down in front of us.

"Thank-you" Zay and I both say in unison.

After dinner we head off for a walk along the beach, one of my favourite things about Springs is the beach and for some reason I love it even more at night.

"So uh, when you were on the phone to your dad before, you uh, you called me you girlfriend." I bit down on my bottom lip shyly.

"Well you are, aren't you?" He asks confused

"You haven't really asked and up until now you've been referring to me as you friend, I wasn't sure."

"You want me to ask you to be my girlfriend?" He laughs "Charlie this isn't grade seven."

"Okay." I shrug "I just thought it might be nice that's all."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." He sighs "Will you be my girlfriend?" He asks as he stops walking.

"Nope" I shrug with a giggle.

"What, but you, I-" he huffs "You're a hard woman to please Charlie, what do you want? A room full of roses? An expensive dinner? A banner from the highest building?" He laughs

"Nothing, I'm already yours, I just wanted to know for sure where we stood." I wrap my arms around him smiling up at him.

"In that case you don't mind me telling everyone you're my girlfriend?"

"Not if you don't mind being labelled my boyfriend."

"Never." He kisses my lips sweetly.

Buzzz buzzz buzzz