Sir Davos took the letter and recognise it. They let the man pass in so he can meet with them properly.
"I'm sir Davos. Welcome to Winterfell, commander." Davos watched him curiously extended his hand for a shake. He was quite younger than he expected him to be but not the less as he expect him to look. Broad and strong posture and he was sure that his long black cape was hiding more of the scars that his face was revealing.

James accepted his hand to shake. "Name's James, commander of Castle Black," he said in low voice. "Davos, hm," he then nodded his head, realizing who was standing in front of him, however he didn't say more than. "So, where is the Queen?"

"Follow me please. Your men can remain. I'll send someone to offer them food and something to drink." He nods his head once before he starts to walk towards the castle to the main hall where the queen awaits. The door opened and first to walk in was sir Davos.
"Your grace,this is Commander of the Night's Watch sir James."

Sansa was sitting on the wooden chair holding her back to the fire watching over all the papers her maester bless her with but when she heard them entering and Davos introducing the guest she rose her eyes slowly. She pose for a moment watching over the man then stood nod for them to approach.
"Welcome to Winterfell, commander." She nods quietly watching him.

Hearing Davos' words, calling him sir, James frowned slightly

Hearing Davos' words, calling him sir, James frowned slightly. He looked at Sansa woth narrowed eyes, studying her for a few moments in silence, then bowed slightly, asking. "Your Grace, what can I do for you?"

"You might sit for start." She briefly gave him another look and took back her seat with a small sigh waiting for him to sit. "I understand you must be tired after the traveling and let me tell you that I'm grateful you came. North is facing a terrible situation with attacks and robberies on the east side of the wall. I'm quite surprised that you're unaware of it to be honest."

Young girl entered in silence the room, curiously glancing from one person to another. She remained standing in a corner of room across the room, after she with nod exchanged look with her sister, keeping her hand on a scabbard with her sword. Briefly looking at her with corner of his eyes, James smirked, then answered to Queen. "I am here to protect Winterfell or to stop these attacks and robberies? The fact, that I am sitting here, doesn't mean, my men aren't fighting battles right now, Your Grace."

"You're here to guard the wall,sir." She answered strictly. Davos remained silent and briefly smirk over the nerve of the young commander. "I assume you're new to your duties and maybe your maesters didn't inform you that priority right now is the safety of the North. You duty starts to the Wall and i was expecting you to be aware of what happens there."

Sir Davos tried to explain.
"Sir James.." he started.
"Commander,sir Davos." Sansa correct him. "He's not a knight." Davos awkwardly turn to give a look at his queen and nod slightly to her comment then turn back to James. "Commander,the situation on your Wall effects the people of North and our queen is trying to tell you that keeping these matters away from the land is your responsibility."