Crazy Haley

::CHAPTER 14::

Go to Hell for heaven's sake!

A cop opens the huge door, revealing the outside world.

Jenna and I grin at each other and run out. We hug and start laughing like crazy people.

Finally, we're out of that hell!

Darek walks out and I sprint to him. I jump up and wrap my arms and legs around him. I smash my lips onto his and hug him tighter.

He spins me around and hugs back. We stay like that for a little while.

~~~

I flop on the couch and laugh. Darek sits next to me and wraps his strong arm around my waist.

Jenna plops between us and Darek growls.

"Oh calm down, Darek! You guys can suck each other's faces later." She boops his nose, making him blush angrily.

I rolls my eyes and smile.

KNOCK KNOCK.

I run to the door and open it. A little note is taped to a box. I open the note and start reading.

I bet you thought you could just forget once it was over.

THINK AGAIN.

"Who was it?" Jenna asks.

"Uh, just a stupid kid trying to prank us." I trail off.

I slide the note into my pocket and hide the box in a bookshelf and sit back down.

"So, what did you guys wanna do? You know, to celebrate." Jenna asks.

Darek shrugs.

"We could...um...oh! We could go to the beach! It's just a few blocks away from here!" I smile.

Darek smiles.

"You ain't talking much, eh Darek?" Jenna lifts her chin.

"I don't know. There's nothing much to talk about."

Jenna shrugs and we go change.

I change into a black bikini with fake white bleach stains.

Jenna wears a red and blue tie-died bikini.

"So what's going on with Darek?" She asks as she pulls her hair into a high ponytail.

"I don't know." I shrug, slipping on a pair of white Toms with music notes all over them.

I fill a bag with food, some sunglasses, a towel, and grab a beach chair.

Jenna does the same and we go downstairs to the door.

"DAREK COME ON!" Jenna shouts.

"Comin'!" He comes downstairs in a pair of black trunks, a Slipknot shirt, and black slides.

Jinxie paws my bag. He's gotten big. He's about the size of a German Shepherd.

"Hey, buddy." I scruff his fur.

We walk down the grassy hill our house rests on and to the beach.

I take a whiff of salty air and smile. I've never been to a beach before. My family was never wealthy enough to take a vacation. A seagull flies above my head and snatches a little boy's hotdog.

I chuckle and we set up a spot.

Jinxie rolls around in the sand, causing me to giggle. He sprints to the water (well he's a cheetah..) and hisses.

Jenna listens to music and pretends not to like being outside and Darek laughs.

I run to Jinxie and gasp when a wave splashes onto my feet. The sand sucks my feet in.

"Darek...!" I call.

"Relax. It does that." He chuckles and helps my short legs out of the damp sand.

I laugh and put a hand over my chest.

Jinxie tackles me, sending me into the salty water.

I get a mouthful of it and the waves pound me down to the sand. I somersault and flip and get tossed around under the water.

Jinxie steps on my stomach and sand gets in my eyes.

I manage to come up. I start hacking up saltwater. I sigh in relief, only to be pulled back farther under the water.

I see an oval-shaped object smack against the water above my thrashing body.

A body jumps on it and two legs kick. A hand reaches toward me and yanks me up.

I pull myself up on the board and cough.

"You alright?" A voice asks.

It's not Darek. It's a blonde kid with deep blue eyes.

"Huh? Who are you? What? You're not Darek!" I say.

He laughs. "I don't think my name's Darek. I'm pretty sure it's Logan." He grins.

"Oh, ha. I'm Slater. Thanks for helping me." I blush.

"No problem. I see you've never been to a beach before." He smirks.

"Uh, no." I say.

He hops off the board and lets me sit on it. He starts pushing the board toward shore.

We talk about dumb stuff for a little until we end up on the shore.

People start clapping. Even the fucking lifeguard!

"DO YOUR JOB, DOUCHEBAG!"

The lifeguard stares at me. I realize I said that out loud.

"Fiery one, aren't you." Logan laughs.

"I guess." I shrug. Darek, Jenna, and Jinxie run to me.

"You okay?" Jenna asks.

"Yeah. Yeah. Fine." I sigh.

"Jesus, Slater." Darek chuckles and hugs my small, wet, body.

"Who are you?" Darek asks, a confused and overprotective look plastered on his face.

"I'm Logan. I saved Slater's life a little. Who are you?" He asks.

"I'm Darek. Slater's boyfriend." He squeezes my hand.

"Calm down, Darek. Don't be jealous." Jenna snaps, making Darek push her to the sand, laughing.

Logan helps her up and they smile deeply at each other.

"Come on." I grab her arm, knocking her back to reality and we go home.

I dry off and change into an oversized grey sweater that goes to my mid-thigh with some black shorts and black and white striped socks that go to my knees. I grab the box and the note and take it to my room.

I unfold the note and place it next to me. Opening the box, I gasp. A picture of my now 8-year-old sister Rachel and two-year-old brother Patrick sit at the bottom with black X's over their faces.

Fear runs through me as I take the photos out of the box. Hot tears spring in my eyes.

I grab some black lace-up boots and my gun (that I "borrowed"). I run outside and take my car (that I also "borrowed" from my grandma) and drive to Haley's house.

I park and sprint to the door. I slowly open it and walk in. Rachel and Patrick are there, shivering.

"Slater!" Rachel runs to me, but steps back.

"Rachel? What is it?" I ask and get knocked in the back of the head. I fall on my side as my vision grows blurry. A pair of white and pink Vans walk to me and slide a bag over my head as I black out, happy to be engulfed in the silence of the inky blackness.