I'll Wait For You

::CHAPTER 8::

Those who are dead are not dead. They're just living in my head. And since I fell for that spell, I am living there as well. Time is so short, and I'm sure there must be something more...

I wait for myself to stop crying.

It's too hard!

I sit up and check the clock.

8:49.

Have I really been crying for two hours?

I call it a day and change into some pajamas. Well, if you want to call it that.

I strip from my clothes and change into a pair of black athletic shorts, a green tank, and put my hair in a fishtail braid, my red slanted bangs hanging in my icy blue-silver eyes. I don't bother taking off my makeup.

I snuggle in bed and lie awake.

I check the clock.

2:38.

I groan and somehow manage to fall asleep.

~~~~~

I wake up at 6:23.

Rachel's in bed, Patrick's in bed, Mom's at work.

I grab some clothes and walk to the shower, one door away from my room.

I toss the clothes on the counter and turn on the water.

As I wait for the water to get hot, I run my fingers down my scars. All 26 or them. And that's just my left arm.

I step into the shower and wash up.

~~~~~

I turn the water off and dry off.

I blow-dry my hair and brush it, letting it all hang loose on my shoulders.

I put on my clothes: black skinny jeans, a tight, black T-shirt with a red heart that looks splattered on, a black leather jacket with a black hoodie hood, black combat boots with spikes on the toes, a black beanie, and a bunch of bracelets to cover my scarred arms.

I sling my black and red flannel backpack over my shoulder and walk outside.

I put on my metallic black headphones with the silver skulls on them and listen to music as I walk to the bus stop.

The bus pulls up.

All the other kids shove me and trample me as the get on.

I'm doing this for you, Darek.

I walk on and put my hood on over my headphones.

I glance over at Josiah. Haley scowls at me and runs her thumb across her throat.

I sit in the back and sigh.

Thank. God. It's. Friday.

I drift off as Black Veil Brides blares "Knives and Pens".

~~~~~

I wake up to the sound of the breaks. Those stupid breaks squeak all the time.

I stand up and put my hood down. I walk into the school and open my locker.

I don't even get the chance to take off my backpack when a stiff hand grabs my hood and punches me in my stomach.

I gag.

I get dragged into the Janitor's Closet and I hear the door lock.

My hood gets violently pulled down over my face and pinned to the corner.

"Listen, you little punk. I know who you really are. If you say so much as a word about this to anyone, so help me I will hunt you down to the end of the Earth and make you wish you were never even born!" A harsh, whispered voice snaps.

I get punched in the face and thrown to the ground.

I look up from my hood and see long, blonde hair hanging out of a gray hoodie.

She slams the door and locks it.

I'm too weak to even move.

I lay there and let blood run from my mouth, onto the floor.

I pull myself up and lean on a mop. I straighten myself out and search for an exit.

I stand on a box and sneak through the ducts.

I get to the front of the school and jump out, landing on my left shoulder.

I stand up and walk out the doors.

I walk to the hospital and go to ICU.

I see him, laying there, his outstretched hand shaking.

I take it and sit down.

"You getting better?" I ask.

"I guess so." He smiles. His voice sounds better.

"Well, you sound better." I say.

"I'm hoping to get out next week. I hope I get better." He sits up and squeezes my hand. "Maybe when I get out...we can...go out?"

My eyes widen. "You mean...like a date?"

"Yes."

I kiss his forehead. "Then I'll wait for you."

My iPhone buzzes.

From: 380-1126

-I know who you really are you little punk! Meet me @ Spaghetti Palace @ 7. If you're late, I will ruin you.

I gasp.

"What's wrong, Slater?" Darek asks.

"It uh...it's nothing." I clench my phone in my hand.

"No, it's not 'nothing.' I know you, Slater. I can tell when you're upset." He grabs my phone and looks at the text.

"Who is this?"

"Nobody." I snatch my phone back.

"Slater, something's wrong." He snaps.

"Darek, please. Just drop it." I mumble.

"Slater-"

"DAREK! DROP IT!" I shout, tears filling my eyes. A few stream down my cheeks. My face feels so hot and red. My hair sticks to my sweaty neck.

I turn away and swing the door open.

"Darek...I'm sorry. But I need to face this alone."

"Slater, please."

"ALONE!" I snap as I turn my head.

I walk out the door and walk to the nearest Starbucks.

I get a black coffee and sit at the table nearest the window.

I sip from my cup and slightly dig my nails into the cup jacket.

I look over and see the girl from this morning glaring at me.

I drop my cup and fall off my chair.