What The...?!

::CHAPTER 15::

Hail Mary, forgive me. Blood for blood, hearts beating. Come at me! Now this is war!

Where am I? All I remember is being at the beach. What happened since then? My eyes hurt. My head bangs. I can't move.

I flutter my eyes open and see some blood on my hands and black and white socks. My sweater warms up my arms which are tied to a chair with leather belts.

I can't feel my gun against my leg. It's gone. I look around and see the light turn on. Slow claps echo through the room. I snap my head up and see a blonde little bitch.

"Why, how heroic of you. To try to rescue your little sister and little brother! I mean, I really am impressed." She says sarcastically.

"Why are you doing this?" I tug at the leather. She paces back and forth for a little, collecting her thoughts. She purses her lips and looks up, thinking. She softly nods and says,"Bosses orders."

"Who's your boss?" I ask. I try to recall everyone who's ever had it out for me, but my banging head and pulsing eyes forbid me from doing so.

"That's none of your business. All you need to know is that you're going to die." She says and points a knife at my neck. Suddenly, Haley starts laughing. Hard. She throws her head back in a hysterical manner. "What am I doing?! Killing you on the spot would, well, basically let you win. And we don't want that." She says, a slight pout in her voice, as she traces the knife around my lips.

I shudder and the point of the knife being gently traced around my lips sends chills down my spine. Before I can do anything, Haley jerks the knife down my cheeks from the corners of my mouth.

I scream in pain as blood runs down my face.

Haley just keeps the same insane smile on her face. She then slowly carves a word on my neck.

I want to scream, but it hurts too much to do it.

"Don't make a sound." Haley snaps, finishing the carving. I pinch my lips shut as tears rush down my cheeks. It hurts like Hell and my face is half numb.

"Oh hush, brat." Haley grumbles and throws the knife down at my feet. She sashays away, leaving me trapped, in pain, and alone. More tears fall and sting the wounds on my face. I manage a raspy, quiet sob and hang my head, letting my hair fall at the sides of my head.

Little footsteps echo through the dark hall. I look up to see two bright blue eyes peeking around the corner. A sad grin spreads across my face and my eyes close. The footsteps draw nearer and a small hand brings a cloth toward my neck. It must be covered in peroxide because it burns like hell. I stomp my feet and scream with my mouth closed, which hurts even more. Hot tears runs down my pale cheeks.

"Shh. I'm not supposed to be helping you." The voice whispers. It's Rachel. Her face is dirty and bruised, which makes me feel awful. I can't speak so I just try to smile.

"I wanna help you get out. I have someone who might help us!" Rachel smiles, lightly dabbing the cloth on my throat and cheeks. "His name is Josiah! And he's here, too."

Josiah?! My middle school bully? He's...He's here?! Oh my god, oh my god, what?

"He lives in the basement with us. He's been planning to escape for a little bit now. And now that he knows you're here, he can help all of us!" She whispers. If only she knew Josiah was the one who told me to kill myself in 8th grade...

Angry footsteps echo through the dark hall and Rachel bolts for the basement, leaving me alone. Haley stomps toward me, her face red. Her knuckles look to be busted, as if she just beat the shit out of someone. She forcefully unstraps my arms and waist from the chair and grabs my sweater.

"Don't speak." Haley snaps, even though I haven't said a single word. She opens the busted door to the basement. There's a single lightbulb hanging over the broken wooden stairs. "Get down there." She says and pushes me down. I'm reminded of when her and Josiah did the same to me in middle school. I land on the cement floor with a loud thud and the door slams and locks behind me. More tears run down my face and Rachel runs to me. She tugs me to a beaten, slightly scrawny figure in the corner. Josiah.

"Josiah! This is my sister! You said you could help her too!" Rachel squeaks and he turns to me. The first thing I see are those shiny amber eyes. Those eyes widen to the size of saucers and he scoots toward me.

"Slater?" He asks, reaching a hand toward my face. I back away, though, as memories flood through my fragile mind.

"Josiah..." I croak.

"What did she do to you?" He asks, noticing the marks on my face and neck. He grabs a broken piece of a mirror and hands it to me. I inspect my wounds and notice she wrote something on my neck: "DEAD." I violently gasp, sending a shock of pain through my neck as tears flood my cheeks.

"I-It's okay! We'll fix it, I promise!" Josiah says, smiling at me. I start to sob, though it hurts. Louder sobs escape my mouth and Josiah hugs me, rubbing my back. Rachel joins and Patrick waddles over, hugging Josiah's back. I bury my face in Josiah's neck. I just need someone to hold and to hold me back. My crying slows down and my breathing steadies.

"Shh. You'll be okay. Take whatever you remember from middle school and throw it out the window. I've got your back and we'll escape together." Josiah says, stroking my hair now. I'm not sure if I believe him. What if he's in cahoots with Haley and he wants to kill me and my siblings? No, he can't do that. Not after what his girlfriend's done to him...Right?