Never Coming Back

::CHAPTER 10::

I hear Jerusalem bells are ringing. Roman Cavalry choirs are singing. Be my mirror, my sword, and shield. My missionaries in a foreign field. For some reason I can't explain, I know Saint Peter won't call my name. Never an honest word. But that was when I ruled the world...

Jenna and I walk down the street together.

I check my phone.

6:48.

"Oh, god. Sorry, Jenna. I gotta go!" I say as I sprint down the street.

"Okay." She shouts.

I enter Spaghetti Palace.

6:57.

I look for the girl.

"Aha." I see her with her hood up and she also has sunglasses on. I can see from the glare of the candle in the center of the table.

I sit down.

"Slater Felicia Forest. Good to see you." She says.

"H-Hi." I wipe some sweat from my brow.

"Look, I gotta talk to you. It's urgent." She tucks some blonde hair into her hood.

"Wh-What is it?"

"You gotta leave. Leave town." She stands over me. "Leave and never come back. If you do, I'll have to kill you."

"No!"

"Do it. If you deny, I will find you and make sure you die a painful, bloody death." She snaps. She stands tall and walks out.

"Wait!" I chase after her.

She grabs me and drop-kicks me. She steps on my neck, spits on me, turns on her heel, and walks away.

"St-Stop...!" I struggle to stand up and limp/run to her.

I run and turn her around, only to have a gun to my head. It's pressed so hard against my skin.

"Back away." She hisses. "Leave, or I'll shoot."

I put my hands up in submission.

The girl walks away.

"Stop!" I tackle her and pin her down.

"I need ans-" I stop when her hood falls and sunglasses fly off her face.

"M-Mom?" I gasp.

She pushes me off, puts her glasses back on, and puts her hood back up.

She whispers in my ear,"You tell anyone about this, I will murder you." She runs into her car and speeds away.

I see Jenna.

She runs to me and helps me up.

"Oh my god, Jenna..."

"What?" She asks.

"My...My mom...she..."

"What?! What?!"

You tell anyone about this, I will murder you.

"N-Nothing." I shake my head. "But, I'm leaving town."

"What?! Why?!"

"I have to."

"Then I'm coming with you. And so is Darek. He told me he was getting out tomorrow."

"Then we leave after school. But, I can't get my stuff from home."

"Oh. Well you can borrow my clothes until you get some more."

I grin. "Yeah. I already have $60 in my wallet." I pat my pocket with my wallet in it.

"Perfect." She giggles.