Hold my Hand

::CHAPTER 2::

I wanna hide the truth. I wanna shelter you. But with the beast inside, there's nowhere we can hide...

Darek and I walked to the lockers together. His was two away from mine.

As I got my last notebook from my locker, Josiah slammed it on my fingers.

I shrieked in pain.

"You weak, pathetic little freak. Go die. No one wants you here. You were probably just a mistake." He says. Of course, that triggers everyone else to shout similar things at me and laugh.

I fall to my knees, trying to pull my fingers out.

Darek walks up to Josiah.

"What do you want?" He hisses.

Darek scowls and punches Josiah in the face.

"GET OUT!" Darek yells, sending everyone running. He kneels down. "You okay?"

I shake my head. My fingers are going numb. Blood is streaming down my arms now.

"What's the combination?" He asks calmly.

"34-14-25." I groan.

He does the combination and opens my locker.

I fall back and sigh. Now, there's blood on my locker door and on the white, gold, and black tiled floors.

He helps me up and takes me to the nurse.

~~~~~~

"Thanks again, Darek." I say. My fingers are wrapped in bandage.

"No problem." He replies, almost smiling.

Attention, Middle-schoolers! We are having an early lunch today because of the basketball game. So if you would all go down to the lunchroom in 10 minutes at 11:45. Thank you.

The entire eight grade class of 325 kids walked down to the lunchroom.

Darek and I walked together.

"So yeah. I decided to dye my hair red because-"

I was cut off by Josiah and his girlfriend, Haley grabbing my shoulders and literally throwing me down the flight of stairs.

I kept my mouth shut, even though screams tried to pry my lips open so they could escape and echo through the staircase.

Blood flowed from my nose and bottom lip. I felt my head throb.

"Did she die?" Haley asked as loud as she could.

"Hope so!" Josiah yelled and got the entire class laughing and shouting cruel remarks at me.

Darek pushed Haley down the stairs. She landed on top of me, crushing my ribs.

"How does it feel?!" Darek screams, tears building up in his eyes. "Back off for once!!!"

Josiah helps Haley up. He kicks me in the neck, causing me to gag. The two sprint down to the lunchroom along with everyone else.

My eyes are closed shut. I feel a hand on my shoulder and look up.

"Slater? You okay?" He asks quietly.

I wipe the blood from my nose and stand up.

We walk down to the lunchroom, hand in frail, bloody hand.