Waiting...

::CHAPTER 9::

Fight for all you know when your back's against the wall. Stand against the liars. Stronger than before when your life becomes a war. Set the world on fire.

I run out the door and see her just staring at me. Her hood hides her face, so I can't tell who she is.

I fall on my face on the sidewalk.

I get up and check the time.

2:35.

4 1/2 hours until Spaghetti Palace...

I put my iPhone in my pocket and walk back to school.

I go to my locker and pick up my backpack. I put it in my locker and do the same with my iPhone and headphones.

I walk to Study Hall with my books and sneak in. I sit in my desk and read about fossils and sedimentary rocks and blah blah blah...

Someone taps my shoulder.

I turn around and see a girl I've never seen before. She has short, light blue hair with black tips. She wears a white sweater with light gray horizontal stripes. She has a short, black skirt that hugs her legs. She also wears white knee-high socks and black, heeled ankle boots.

She has angel bites, a nose ring on her right nostril, three ear piercings on each ear, and two brow piercings on her right brow, and one on her left.

Her deep green eyes are big and innocent. She's very thin and tall.

"Hey." She says with her Australian accent.

"Do I know you?" I whisper.

"No. I transferred last week. I'm Jenna."

"I'm Slater Forest. " I say.

"After school, I was going to visit my cousin in the hospital." She grins.

"What happened?" I ask.

"He got hit by a car. He got real messed up." She sighs. "Do you know him? His name's Darek."

"James?"

"Yep."

"Actually, I do know him. He's my...boyfriend...ish..." I blush.

"He never told me he had a girlfriend!" She gushes.

"Well, we're not exactly dating, but we kissed..." I put my hands on my cheeks and put my head down.

The bell rings.

We all walk to our lockers.

"Oh, here's my number. I'll text you tonight." Jenna smiles and hands me a green Post-it note with a phone number on it.

"Oh, thanks." I smile and get all my stuff.

"Wanna come with me to visit Darek?" She asks.

"Sure." I say and close my locker.

We walk out the door and walk to the hospital.

We go to room 406 and smile at Darek.

"Jenna?!" He smiles.

"Yep." She says, almost about to cry.

They hug.

"I'm so happy you're okay." She says calmly.

"Oh, and I see you and Slater are friends!" Darek looks at me.

"Yeah." I say.

"So, you two...a thing?" Jenna asks.

"Well...um..."

"Yes." Darek blushes at me. "Slater's an amazing girl."

He kisses my cheek.

Finally. Everything in my life is going well...for now...